Title: Software Developer
Location: Canada (Remote)
The Backend Java or FullStack Product Software Developer contributes to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions. This role works closely with Delivery Unit stakeholders to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. The Java Product Software Developer also works in close collaboration with the Software Development Team Lead to define and implement best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Design and code software applications from business and technical specifications
- Develop and execute unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure coding standards and product quality targets are met through the completion of code reviews
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues for assigned projects
- Contribute to the creation of technical and end user product documentation
- Develop a detailed technical understanding of client needs and project requirements
- Lead and coordinate day-to-day technical execution of on and offshore Engineering staff
- Work with Architects to review and provide feedback for Software Design Documents
- Act as the primary point of contact for Project Management status updates
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to create detailed work package estimates
- Create, prioritize, assign, and monitor all software development tasks for assigned projects
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or similar degree
- 5+ years of software development experience with Java (required)
- Experience with Java application servers (required)
- Experience with web servers such as Apache HTTP Server or NGINX
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Experience with build tools such as Maven
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with microservice architecture utilizing containerization with Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with non-relational database design and development such as Elasticsearch
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it-and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.