NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Java Full Stack Developer
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Passionate about Software Development. You want software to work – and work reliably over time. You see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility and opportunity. You don’t see problems; instead, aided by your strong technical and development skills, you see boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You enjoy developing exciting applications using the latest technologies. You enjoy being part of a team that is building software solutions that make life easier and more fun! In fact, you’re a fun person to be around – you enjoy helping others and making the team successful.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for Software Developers like you.
You can expect to:
- Be part of a collaborative scrum team working in a scaled agile environment
- Engage in story grooming sessions to flush out requirements
- Design and implement new features and functions for an exciting new omni-channel financial platform based on new technologies
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Actively participate in various scrum and SAFe ceremonies
- Develop and/or modify Automated Unit, Feature and Integration Tests
- Bring new ideas to increase the efficiency of the team
- Troubleshoot development and production problems as needed
- University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- 8-10 years Java development experience
- Strong design and analytic skills
- Experience working in software development and testing concepts in a fast-paced, dynamic Agile environment
- The ability to communicate effectively & adapt to changing requirements
- Strong team and communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience with JUnit
You might also have experience with:
- Experience building web and/or mobile applications using Angular and/or React
- Microservice development in a Kubernetes/Docker environment
- Database technologies including Cassandra, MySQL, Redis
- Cloud/SAAS technologies such as Google Cloud, AWS and Azure
- Git, Maven, Jenkins
- YML Scripting
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.