Requisition ID: 96569
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contribute to the overall success of the Compliance Technology team in supporting Global Banking Markets and Compliance programs
Is this role right for you?
• Work closely with Business Analyst/User Support team to interpret requirements and translate them to application solutions
• Participate in the development and implementation of new systems or enhancements by running required conversion programs, perform shakedown testing of the production environments, prepare the Change Control Release documentation and run the parallel test cycles
• Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Java/Scala/Python, Spring Boot, RESTful services and a variety of Microservices
• Design solutions, write codes, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artifacts or documentation, and facilitates final delivery
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing all stages of the technology product life cycle
• Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
• Take the lead on solving complex technical issues and implement complex long-term solutions
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• Must have 5+ years of technical experience in developing and supporting applications using technologies such as Java/Python/Spark/Nifi/Kafka/SQL
• A recognize undergraduate degree or diploma in computer science or related work experience
• Experience in building public and internal REST APIs
• Strong development techniques, such as debugging, testing (Unit, Integration and Contract), Behaviour Driven Development, Test Driven Development, coding, use of productivity tools (GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket etc.)
• Hands on experience designing and developing integration solutions with Kafka, message queue, and related technologies
• Excellent communication skills to be able to take oral and written business requirements and develop efficient code to meet set deliverables
• Possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques especially requirements specification and testing methodologies and keep current with rapidly changing technology
• Knowledge in Capital Markets Products, Control Room, Conflicts of Interest, Information Barriers and Employee Trading Programs, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Framework is an asset
What’s in it for you?
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
• You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Dress codes don’t apply here, being comfortable does
• We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.