Requisition ID: 95481
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
You will be joining a dynamic and energetic team consisting of developers, architects, project managers, and product owners focusing on supporting front-end applications on anything and everything about payment, from mobile payment (Apple pay, Android pay) to transfer money between online accounts. We own different services (or micro-services) bridging front-end applications and many services deep-down in core banking systems. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
Is this role right for you?
- You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
- You will be assisting in developing coding standards and testing approaches
- You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
- You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
- You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to “area of specialty”.
- You will be providing reviews of solution designs and related code.
- You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have experience building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java but ideally with a broad set of tools
- You are proficient in J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
- You have experience with Cloud Foundry
- You have 2+ years of work experience as a Java developer with a preference for Java 8
- You have extensive experience working with Spring MVC framework.
- You have experience in version control tools, like Git, SVN, Bitbucket
- You have knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, desktop etc) as well as high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things
- You have well rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- You have a passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
- You are a self starter learning new technologies and refining current applications
- You are an excellent communication including the ability to distil technical details into simple terms
- You have a passion for well-designed products and not afraid to share and explain your ideas
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent – not just a job – so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don’t apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.