David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Java Developer based in Toronto, Ontario.
Here’s How Your Day Might Look…
- Design and implement software modules
- Create design documents and module specifications from the direction of other software engineers, project leads, or supervisor
- Create interfaces to / or from other applications or databases
- Code programs or modifications to existing programs or modules
- Develop application test plans
- This can include regression, integration, or full system test plans
- Perform debugging, unit, and system-level testing on programs
- Update and review object, module, program, and application documentation
- Review and provide input to technical writers, training developers on application-specific publications, on-line help implementation, and if appropriate, training class development
- Develop and implement application test plans, including both integration and full system test plans for publications, software, and training materials
- Create program specifications to ensure proper direction during development.
- Participates in code reviews for other development projects
Is This You?
- Experience developing in Java, and within Spring or REACT frameworks
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent education/experience
- Several years of programming experience required
- Training and experience with Agile software development is preferred
- Analysis and design experience is also preferred
- Familiarity and/or experience with object-oriented design concepts and relational databases are preferred
- Proven experience and training in formal testing methods will be helpful.
- Exposure to a breadth of programming languages with expert level proficiency in at least one language
- Experience with troubleshooting technical problems paired with demonstrated problem solving and resourcefulness in obtaining information is desired.
- MS Office (Specifically MS Access and MS Excel)
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Must be an adept problem solver
- Able to document system processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Effective communicator
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Chrys Platsis , Recruiter, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.