Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
About the Commodities Technology Group:
– We are responsible for delivering front-to-back technology solutions for the Global Commodities Business covering Listed and OTC trading in Power,
Energy, and Metals.
– Focus on problem-solving and delivering best-in-class technology in a collaborative, dynamic work environment.
– Our tech team has members in Montreal, New York, London, Budapest and Shanghai with collaboration across regions.
Commodities development team is seeking a hands-on Java developer for real-time trade data warehouse server. Main project involves sourcing trade information from upstream trade capture platforms, transforming to normalized format in Java and XML, persisting results and re-distributing to downstream consumers. Developer will be responsible for full SDLC including understanding user and technology requirements, developing new code and enhancing existing code, unit testing, deploying code to production as well as providing 3rd level support by working with the front-line production management team.
– Good understanding of core Java
– Experience in Java design patterns, n-tier architecture
– Strong development fundamentals
– Understanding the SDLC (software development life cycle)
– Relational database skills (SQL, Sybase, DB2, Oracle)
– Scripting experience: Perl, Shell or Python programming (some Perl scripts are present in the environment)
– Comfortable developing on Linux
– Self-starter: good problem solving, and communication skills who can work effectively in a team
– JSP, Ext JS a plus
– Experience with SOAP/XML, MQ
– Understanding of multithreading and distributed programming
– Experience in Java common frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate
– Commodities/Finance experience not required
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.