– To work with some of the best professionals in the business – for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
– State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
– Flexible working arrangements
– Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
– An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
We are a team that writes trading platforms, which are at the heart of thousands of applications across Morgan Stanley. Our core stack is primarily in Java, and we are developing a new low-latency, language-neutral platform which is actively being worked on and rolled out. Our team provides the backbone for electronic trading applications, quant and strat tools, and system automation, all with a focus upon the front-office business.
Our team has expertise in writing highly performant, close to the metal, Java code, and utilizing native code where deemed appropriate via JNI or shared-memory interfaces. We choose the right tools for the job and understand that nothing should be treated like the solution to all problems. The team works closely with end-users to evolve our libraries, create new functionality and influence development practices. We work with various Open Source technologies and are active participants in the Financial Industry Open Source community. We are a development team providing code to strats and other developers; as such, there is no production monitoring or support workload.Upcoming challenges include innovating with internal cloud & container platforms, expanding the reachand usability of proprietary cross-language Event Sourcing technologies, and growing to support new trading technologies (e.g. FPGA). We are a flexible team and subscribe to modern Agile & DevOps methods in developing our systems. This is a growing area in Morgan Stanley; we are investing in our software technologies to support the Firm’s DevOps transformation.
– You will work as a Developer primarily in Java, and have a strong understanding of clean architecture
– Global – interact with teammates across the globe, in New York, London, Shanghai, Budapest,etc
– Experts – we are the low-latency Java experts and set standards Firmwide
– High quality – our software is very well written, extensively tested, and clearly documented.
– Strong client focus – you will work directly with end-users in helping them use our platform
– Agile – you will communicate, iterate, and repeat, touching all parts of the software stack and DevOps
– Good Java 8+ knowledge and industry experience
– Strong knowledge of object oriented design patterns required
– Strong communication skills
– Experience with distributed systems and architecture thereof
– Willingness to create developer oriented technical documentation.
– Functional Programming, Web, or C++ development an advantage
– Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX) is useful but not essential
– Linux experience preferred
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.