Requisition ID: 94122
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This role is to support the Software Procurement & Asset Management team
- Collect and aggregate forecast data for the Bank to help drive financial planning and budgeting exercises
- Collect and aggregate software acquisition & maintenance requests and validate license availability
- Perform product rationalization analysis
- Review and assess new/incremental software demand
- Review acquisition requests & procure software licenses if required
- Respond to & resolve software license inquires may it be from end users, developers, or other specific IT groups
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection by ensuring that all maintenance contracts are managed/handled/renewed in advance of their expiration
- Manage software license financial treatments & work closely with internal teams to support internal charge backs & allocation processes
- Assist with the maintenance of the software catalogue, ensuring completeness & accuracy
- Understand & maintain software contract inventory and other relevant artifacts from suppliers
- Assist in software contract negotiations by providing necessary data analytics around use cases, organizational demands, cost and licensing metrics
- Manage relationships with external vendors & internal stakeholders to maximize value creation when managing software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings.
- Maintain software license inventories & ensure all records are updated and complete
- Identify savings opportunities when managing renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors and Humana Associates to obtain identified savings.
- Assess, analyze, and report on software compliance
- Track software compliance issue remediation & assist with the resolution
- Review and analyze deployment/usage data to drive license cleanup & re-harvesting activities
- Help enforce the SAM policy across the organization & provide training where required
- Help drive & identify SAM initiatives and process improvements within the organization
- Review vendor proposals for accuracy and prepare analysis of findings and recommendations
- Assist in the development, communication and presentation of ad hoc executive reports related to Bank’s software landscape
• Experience in Software Asset Management
• Advanced Knowledge of Information Technology
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field Role Desirables
• IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
• Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
• Proficiency with excel and database software
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.