About Vantage Data Centers
Vantage is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience.
Vantage Data Centers powers, cools, protects and connects the technology of the world’s well-known hyperscalers, cloud providers and large enterprises. Developing and operating across six markets in North America and six markets in Europe, Vantage has evolved data center design in innovative ways to deliver dramatic gains in reliability, efficiency and sustainability in flexible environments that can scale as quickly as the market demands. Vantage’s business is growing exponentially through a combination of greenfield market expansion and acquisitions across North America and Europe.
IT & Security Department
The IT & Security Department for Vantage Data Centers is very hands on. In most cases, we specify, purchase, configure and maintain all networking and server hardware. We also work closely with partner VARs to learn about the latest technology changes so we can make informed purchase decisions. The IT department is always looking for ways to strike the best balance between technology, performance and cost. Vantage IT also participates in designing each of our new data center building’s networking infrastructure, including but not limited to: diverse pathways connecting to carriers, meet-me room (MMR) hosting (rack, cabs, ladders, cross connect panels…), wireless AP coverage, etc. If you like getting your hands dirty and helping to design, build and maintain IT infrastructure in a modern data center, then come work at Vantage. We’re expanding with many new builds!
Essential Job Functions
- Manage, support and maintain Vantage ITinfrastructure
- Administration of Active Directory 2019,Azure AD, Office 365 andSkype for Business Online
- Design, manageand testdata backup and disaster recovery
- Setup, support and manage network monitoring system usingSolarWinds
- Manage tasks in accordance with clientSLAs
- Help develop and implement Standard OperationsProcedures
- Interfacewithinternaldatacenterdesignteam,constructionteam,supportingdatacenter infrastructure augments asneeded
- Facilitate data center commissioningoperations
- Oversee automation system commissioning to ensure best possible data center performance is maintained
- Support,andmonitorvendoractivitiesensuringworkactivitiesmeetscopeofworkandfollow establishedprocedures
- Respondas-neededwhen system maintenance or complicationsarise
- Helpdesk support foruserslocal and remote
- Other duties may be assigned from time-to-time bymanagement
- 6 years of experience in IT required, 8+ yearspreferred
- Data Center experience is strongly preferred, but notrequired
- Ability to lift 50lbs. Ability to maneuver packages of weights above 50lbs. with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from anotherperson
- Travel required is expected to be less than 15%, but may be higher during the first 6 months of position
Don’t meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We operate with No Ego and No Arrogance. We work to build each other up and support one another, appreciating each other’s strengths and respecting each other’s weaknesses. We find joy in our work and each other, actively seeking opportunities to inject fun into what we do. Our hard and efficient work is rewarded with an above market total compensation package. We offer a comprehensive suite of health and welfare, retirement, and paid leave benefits exceeding local expectations.
Safety and security always matter. During COVID, all positions that can work remotely have been, and appropriate steps have been taken to ensure the safety of employees in any position essential to be on site. Regardless of where you are working, technology to work effectively is provided on or in advance of your first day of employment.
Throughout the year, the advantages of being part of the Vantage team are evident with an array of benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community.
Vantage Data Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer