The Systems Administrator is responsible for creating consistency with our systems across the organization, assisting with internal software selections, standardizing our approach of internal software usage, ensure systems security and providing support throughout the organization.
In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and assist in the development of our IT strategy. The ideal person shall address concerns that arise and troubleshoot technological issues with tenacity and ease.
What you will be doing
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, network, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software and hardware.
- Handle business critical IT tasks and systems, enabling faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to communicate project status, activities and achievements.
- Perform server administration tasks, including setup and maintenance of mobile device management (MDM), user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research monitoring, event log warnings and errors, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Maintain internal infrastructure and assets, including laptop and desktop computers, server, network routers, switches, security gateway and firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, VPNs and network segments.
- Primary IT responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding staff members, requesting and cancelling phone lines, order computer equipment, installing and configuring software, formatting computers, enabling and revoking access to organization systems, recycling hardware devices as needed.
- Interact with organization employees to assist in troubleshooting issues, identify root cause and provide technical support when needed. Provide training to end users on hardware and software as needed.
- Ensure that phone system is operational and that the company has enough phone lines as needed.
- Participate in internal hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contracts.
What we would like to see
- Post-secondary degree of Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of direct work experience in an IT/Systems required.
- Good experience configuring and maintaining different operational systems, including Mac OS, Windows and Linux.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate networking, asset management software, MDM (such as Jamf Pro), operating systems and server architectures.
- Experience configuring and maintaining corporate networking, including Ubiquiti UniFi routers, switches, security gateways, VPNs, authentication and authorization servers, printers and phones.
- Great communication and collaboration skills, able to explain technical concepts and theory to non-technical audiences.
- Team player, but capable for being a solo player when needed, with good autonomy, self organization and time management skills.
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action using available resources.
What we offer you
- Highly competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Wellness programs
EBlock is an online vehicle auction where vehicles are bought and sold in 60 seconds. Our technology gives automotive dealers the opportunity to inspect and sell vehicles in a live online auction from their own dealership. EBlock currently host two types of auctions: In the first, dealers are able to launch and load auctions at time of vehicle appraisal. The second enables dealers to sell fresh trades or aged inventory. At EBlock, we are constantly innovating to adapt to today’s automotive dealer’s needs. We greatly value our customer’s feedback, which is used to enhance our technology to better serve our users.
EBlock is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to foster a diverse environment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, colour, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, age, Aboriginal or Native status, and other protected status as required by applicable laws. We firmly believe everyone works at its best when they feel free to be their most authentic self.
If accessibility accommodations are required during the recruitment process, we will gladly make necessary arrangements to ensure EBlock is able to support all interested applicants.
Apply for This Job