Are you a customer focused individual who loves big, creative challenges, and excited to build and manage a new team! The Office Engineering Team has chartered the creation of a new operations team in Vancouver, B.C. and looking for an IT Service Operations Manager to lead up this new team!
The IT Service Operations Manager is a critical role on the Office Operations Excellence team. You are an authority on infrastructure & service operations and systems management. You and your team are responsible for the infrastructure operations for the Office Engineering system used to ship all versions of Office worldwide. You and your team will carry key accountabilities to ensure the highest standards of security systems health, as well as high quality operations.
About the Office Engineering Team. Our team provides the engineering experience for software engineers across the broader Microsoft Office organization. This includes Microsoft Office client applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; server products like SharePoint; and web applications like Microsoft Office Online. Many of our products ship across multiple platforms and devices – Windows, Universal Apps, Android, iOS, and Mac OS. Our team’s charter is to build and operate a shared engineering infrastructure for all platforms. There are teams working on applications that have been around for decades alongside teams working on v1 products; more than 4000 engineers working on more than 200 million lines of code. We are the team that brings order to this diverse set of technical work by developing tools and systems that scale well and are consistent, reliable, and easy to use.
This position is for an IT Service Operations Manager for the new Operations Excellence Team within Office Engineering. The charter of the team is to partner with the Services, Engineering, Azure, Labs team to ensure service health through operational excellence for the Office Engineering services. This includes our Security, Service Management, Disaster Recovery platforms and more!
- Build, develop, and lead a high performing team of IT Service Operations ICs.
- Transition operations from traditional operations to cloud first operations as a service.
- Participates in service reviews to communicate status, and report service KPIs, as measured against SLAs.
- Partners with Engineering teams to define SLI/SLO/SLAs for supported services.
- Manages relationships with partner teams to ensure that all expectations are clarified, understood, documented, and met.
- Partners with stakeholders to manage the reduction of risks to availability, performance, and compliance.
- At least five years’ enterprise-level experience managing physical operations in an IT and/or Critical Environment infrastructure
- At least two years’ experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- In-depth knowledge and troubleshooting experience with Windows operating systems
- Excellent communication and cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail Running cloud services
- Enterprise-level Experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Experience leveraging automation technologies (PowerShell/Chef/Power Automate) to improve operational efficiency
- Familiarity with monitoring technologies (SCOM/Geneva/Azure Monitor)
- Experience leveraging data protection technologies (Rubrik, Azure Backup) to ensure business continuity.
- Experience leveraging Dynamics CRM and the Microsoft Power Platform.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.