IT Project Manager
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
Working on an ongoing basis with business, IT, and third-party stakeholders, IT Project Managers lead solution investigation and project planning. You will concurrently manage multiple, medium sized projects, or a large complex project delivering on time, on budget, and with optimal quality. You will identify and confirm project approach and engage the appropriate business, IT, and third-party resources to deliver effective plans (resource, financial, communication, schedule, etc.) utilizing Irving Oil’s project delivery framework, documents, and tools.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Strong leadership, communications, facilitation, collaboration, and relationship management skills.
- Provide innovative and transformational leadership during solution identification.
- Maintain a flexible approach in client relationships and campaigns to ensure needs are met as they arise.
- Ensure plans include and align to Irving Oil policies and standards, including any vendor contracts and processes.
- Negotiate and influence staff assignments and any associated procurement timelines.
- Assign deliverables, tasks, and activities. Continuously monitor and control all associated resources, schedules, and plans.
- Anticipate and effectively deal with issues through the life of the project.
- Effectively deal with changes within authority; escalate and collaborate on changes that exceed authority in a timely manner.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis ensuring a strong and positive relationship.
- Provide positive team leadership and motivate those teams directly and indirectly involved, including third-party providers.
- Ensure optimal communications within and across teams and with all project stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to collaborate with business, IT, and third-party stakeholders to confirm objectives and drive project deliverables with expected outcomes.
- Effective in leading presentations for large and small groups.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build positive relationships.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Minimal travel is required for this position.
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) designation an asset.
- Experience working with third party providers as well as cross functional and matrixed team environments.
- Experience utilizing corporate and third-party management processes and software.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
Undergraduate: Information Technology
Saint John, NB