Join our team
We are a growing team with dynamic strengths who share a real passion for solving complex business problems. If you’re ready to bring cross-functional teams together, come join us and be part of a team that will make a difference in healthcare in Canada
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together!
Reporting to the IT director, your role will be to manage the IT patient engagement portfolio. In that role, you will maintain relationships with numerous internal and external stakeholders to ensure coordination of projects across the portfolio.
The IT Program Manager will:
- Owns/leads technology roadmaps for each product and ensures integration to Client & Product Road Maps
- Facilitate the inclusion of technical work for features / enhancements based on strategic imperatives, competitive landscape, client priorities (as defined by the business) in the roadmap and document impacts to previously approved roadmap
- Coordinates technology delivery – Liaison with the patient engagement business unit
- Program level coordination of technical delivery schedules
- Monitors and ensures technical critical path meets agreed dates and flags risks / issues for discussion with product/business
- Owns Technical Program Status Dashboard for technical delivery, operations, resourcing and budget
- Manages technical risks/issues and brings forward any impacts or requests for business support or decision to product
- Accountable for CTO financials, supporting forecasts, LOE estimates/budgets, costs of hosting services (Public cloud, on premise) and providing monthly actuals/variance reporting
- Liaison in assessment of special/technical projects (cloud, capacity/performance) and advises on technical requirements, resources, dependencies, impacts and LOE/cost
- Works in collaboration with architecture for ensuring CTO provides technical thought leadership and guides business on key technology evolution & advancement
- Ensure Security & Privacy guidelines are followed (PIA, CIA)
- Works closely with the business team to ensure accuracy
- Responsible to manage third party technology service agreements/contracts Responsible for vendor management as it relates to alignment of technology roadmaps
- Liaison between third party vendors and TELUS architecture to ensure standards are followed
- Collaborate with the IT director and the development managers to implement/improve proper IT methodologies for design, development, testing, release management etc
- Support the business teams in pre-sales activities
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Strategic and operational planning experience.
- Proven success in managing large portfolios involving multiple teams and multiple organizations
- Always looking for opportunities for the team to innovate and identify process improvements.
- Demonstrated capacity for problem solving, analysis, and making sound recommendations to lead to customer excellence outcomes.
- Various experience building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Must be bilingual with proficiency in both French and English (verbal and written).
- Strong general technical skills
- Experience in cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) based projects
- IT Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience as a technical program manager
Great to have:
- PMI certification
- Process improvement experience
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.