At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Ubisoft’s Office of the CIO (OCIO) is looking for an IT Portfolio Manager to work within the Strategic Planning team. The OCIO supports the entire IT organization by enabling teams to transform the CIO’s vision into reality.
Reporting to the IT Associate Director for Portfolio Management, you will act as a senior advisor to IT leadership on governance and best practices in Project Portfolio Management (PPM).The team is the hub for practices & tools to link strategy with execution, enable smart decisions on technology investments, and align IT value delivery to business needs. The team also enables IT governance by framing the master data used to run our business.
To succeed in this role, you will need demonstrable experience in IT governance, a desire to champion change and a lot of ambition. You will not receive clear mandates, but rather a vision and objectives. You will need strong analytical skills, an aptitude for solving complex problems, and a keen eye for detail. Great communication skills will be required to understand the needs of your peers and lead the organization towards maturity.
Establish IT Roadmapping practices by:
- Building relationships with your partners in IT and coaching portfolio leaders to increase their Portfolio Project Management (PPM) maturity;
- Planning and creating the governance processes and maintaining the roadmap from ten IT departments;
- Simplify, automate and repeat until the exercise becomes painless.
Improve management of IT portfolios by:
- Participating in the improvement of PPM methodologies;
- Analyzing portfolio data and providing insightful reporting to support decisions.
Guide IT governance towards simplicity by:
- Helping shape our IT master data architecture to be both simple & effective;
- Guiding our partners identify and formulate their needs and assess the master data model changes;
- Create the rules (master data) to ensure data quality and ensure their application.
* This position may require occasional travel overseas when COVID isn’t a thing anymore
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in project, program or portfolio management, service or financial management or functional architecture;
- Experience in an IT department or technology environment;
- Experience leading & managing people is strongly desired;
- Knowledge of PPM systems such as Planview, Planisware, or other;
- Strong understanding of project management, service management and IT governance such as ITIL, COBIT, PMBOK, or Scrum;
- Familiarity with PMP, SAFE LPM, or other methodologies;
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Confluence, or JIRA;
- Understanding of financial planning and budgeting;
- Bilingual French and English is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.