IT Intermediate Financial Performance Analyst
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
Are you a Financial Analyst who loves to be integrated into the business team you support? We are looking for an Intermediate Financial Performance Analyst to work with our IT team supporting this business unit with financial statements and operating performance analyses. If you have experience supporting financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, business case development, and providing evaluations to leadership and operations teams, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll need to succeed
- Financial and operational reporting.
- Produce KPI and scorecard reports.
- Produce flash reports and stewardship reports.
- Prepare monthly financial and IT performance reports.
- Ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Prepare variance analysis with financial and operational commentary.
- Provide support for budgeting, business planning and forecasts.
- Produce and support analyses and reports for Corporate teams.
- Responsible for generating forecasts.
- Support business case development and investment analyses.
- Business performance analyses.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Must be able to maintain good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and experience
- 3-5 years of finance and accounting experience.
- Post-secondary education inFinance or Accounting, or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional designation such as CFA, CPA, an asset.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
Saint John, NB