On behalf of Vulcraft Canada:
Vulcraft Canada, the local division of the largest joist and deck manufacturer, supplies quality products, on-time deliveries, as well as a breadth of offerings and innovative solutions to the steel construction industry. With manufacturing locations in Ancaster, Ontario, and Nisku, Alberta, Vulcraft plants are strategically located to serve customers across the Canadian market.
IT Help Desk Technician
Reporting to the Systems Administrator, the IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing customer service support for various end-user issues and resolve issues promptly and accurately.
IT Help Desk Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to our end-users both in-office and remotely
- Use sound judgment and decision making to resolve users’ issues
- Navigate, instruct and troubleshoot user issues using remote support tools
- Configure and troubleshoot file and printing services
- Manage various technologies including PC, Laptop, server, network, and mobile devices
- Identify and escalate complex issues to Systems Administrator for resolution
- Manage Helpdesk application and assign tickets promptly to fulfill user requests
- Regularly maintain the asset inventory, record new purchases, and record upgrades
- Refresh desktop and laptops through an understanding of drivers, firmware, and Bios
- Replace and alter desktop and laptop parts through knowledge of respective hardware
- College Diploma in Information Technology field (2+ years)
- Working toward industry certification(s); MSE, MCSE, CCNA
- Working knowledge in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012-2019
- Working understanding of networking, TCP/IP, wireless, and DNS.
- Highly proficient in Office 365 Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- Working knowledge in PowerShell and scripting tools
- After-hours work may be required to meet business needs and after-hours on-call and vacation coverage.
- Ability to lift safely 35 Lbs (printers, desktop, monitors)
- Strive in an environment centered around interdepartmental teamwork
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on organization and accuracy
- Punctual, reliable, and self-reliant
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (40 Hours /week)
- This role is a 1-year contract position
Vulcraft Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vulcraft Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please contact us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.