Line of Service
Conduct and Compliance
Job Description & Summary
A career in our External Audit Process Assurance practice, within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You’ll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.
Our team helps organisations navigate the increasingly complex reporting environments by improving internal controls and increasing confidence in the quality of the information produced by their internal systems. We focus on the design, documentation, and operations of controls around the financial reporting process, including financial business process and Information Technology management controls.
What you’ll create and do
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate directly with clients to identify and address their needs through building, maintaining and utilizing solid networks of client relationships and community involvement
- Understand client’s business including IT general and process controls; communicating the value propositions of a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and being recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable valued professional
- Facilitate staff as they evaluate internal controls design; identify key risks and controls, develop and or review audit programs, benchmark financial and operational processes and controls as well as perform controls optimization
- Manage the creation of high quality deliverables to communicate to clients on the status of engagements, key issues and work plans
- Use available technical resources/tools to research; expand knowledge to enhance work product, significantly contribute to business development efforts to remain up to date on client and firm hot topics while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients
- Focus on building trusted relationships
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
What you’ll bring to this role
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
- Minimum of 6 years of experience within IT General Controls
- Bachelor’s degree in a related business or IT field
- CPA and/or CISA is an asset
- Experience in providing assurance services across a range of IT areas including IT General Controls (ITGC) and SOC reporting
- Experience in advising across a range of IT areas, such as IT governance, IT service management, IT management processes, vendor and contract management, IT capability, assessments, IT support and operational processes, and ISO 27001 certification is an asset
- Experience with Business process controls is an asset
- Experience in evaluating current state processes, internal controls and testing methodologies, developing future state designs, and leading implementation of new ways of working
- Bilingual proficiency in French and English; Fluency in a third language, including, but not limited to, Italian, Mandarin or Hebrew is considered an asset
Why you’ll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc
See how you can create your future at PwC
Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it’s not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s’engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu’il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d’autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d’adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu’il nous fera plaisir d’examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l’essor des entreprises. Ce n’est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n’hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l’expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.