Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading the development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
On being an IT Director at Ubisoft Toronto
As the IT Director, you will be responsible for the management, strategy and execution of IT infrastructure for the Ubisoft Toronto Studio, and the quality of IT services offered, to sustain the needs of our production and support teams.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The daily life of an IT Director at Ubisoft Toronto
- Define and execute a strategic vision for the IT department through a direct approach to production and the global network;
- Define the roadmap and objectives within the next 3-5 years, priorities and timelines of the Studio within the budget constraints;
- Understand and anticipate the IT needs of the studio (in terms of types of HW/Software/products/services, technology, features, performance and quality);
- Ensure the governance of the IT budget allocated to the studio and the productions under the studio’s responsibility (ex: infrastructure) and engage production and the Global Network services in the budgeting process;
- Develop and ensure the implementation of the strategic orientation of the studio’s IT services according to the challenging needs of production and the studio’s priorities (considering available resources, budget & timeline);
- Optimize and anticipate the technical support offered in the studio (Helpdesk, hardware support, software, technology watch) according to production priorities;
- Propose innovative solutions (management tools, dashboards etc.) to continually improve the efficiency of the studio as a production vehicle. More specifically, participate in optimizing administrative services by prioritizing the end-user;
- Direct the activity of the IT Department, coordinate, delegate and ensure the organization of the work to be done;
- Anticipate and manage conflicts of priorities caused by the production schedule of different game projects;
- Organize the development and monitoring of the studio's IT budget (relevant management tools, developments, licenses, hardware, infrastructure costs, etc.);
- Evaluate the needs of the team in terms of resources and skills and ensure that these are met. Ensure that a high level of commitment and motivation is maintained;
- Expert-level knowledge of IT solutions offered within Ubisoft and external vendor to suit the needs of the studio;
- Build and maintain a bridge with the production teams at the studio;
- Analyze production hardware, including build farm, to make recommendations for better solutions for production teams;
- Understand video game development schedules and anticipate the impact on the local and WW IT team;
- Act as a coach/mentor for the team, ensure their development and that they are adequately trained;
- Perform all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- Master's degree in Administration or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience as IT Director or similar role;
- 7-10 years of experience in an IT environment (High Technology, fast-changing environment);
- 5+ years of experience managing an IT department in a large high-tech company;
- Experience in analysis, implementation & evaluation of IT systems and their specifications;
- Experience in controlling information technology budget;
- 2 years or more experience with ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP).
Nice to have
- Experience in a video game or animation studio would be an asset;
- Experience in project management (steps, best practices, follow up communication, etc.);
- Knowledge of software used in project management (such as Microsoft Visio, Excel and Word);
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc.);
- Knowledge of financial terms & processes;
- The ability to be a strong leader and mentor others;
- Strong communication skills;
- The ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment;
- The ability to manage several large and complex problems at a time;
- Be up to date and curious about new upcoming technologies and solutions!
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation Assistance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities upon request.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch