Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for IT Deployment Program Managers who will own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Fulfillment IT. These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
This role includes domestic travel (50%).
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience managing large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
• Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
• Advanced degree
• 8+ years of experience managing IT infrastructure projects from initiation to closure
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment
• Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
• Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
• PMP Certification
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.