At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in multiple locations (Toronto, ON – Montréal, QC) and is a 4-month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
Having the freedom to bring your ideas and past experience into practice, this role allows an IoT enthusiast to work with various gadgets and robotics equipment, combined with latest technologies like AI, AR, Blockchain, key objective for this role is to realize an IoT ideas into reality. This position will expose the interns to technologies like drone, visual recognition, data modeling with sensor data, voice recognition, etc. Interns in the practice also have the opportunities to be coached by experienced engineers and Ph.D engineering graduates to conduct researches on advanced technologies like facial recognition, feature engineering, auto-encoding technique, etc. Some of the past students, leveraging what they have learned from this practice have become entrepreneurs and running their own startups. Within the execution of the project, interns will have opportunity to learn about various technologies in IBM cloud, AWS, and Azure. Below provides a more detailed description of the various technologies used in past projects.
IBM Watson IoT platform is an industry leading cloud solution that allows you to:
- Connect and manage IoT devices, networks and gateways
- Integrating IoT data with structured and unstructured data from other sources
- Gaining insights from information using real-time, predictive and cognitive analytics
- Secure IoT data with Blockchain
- Develop custom machine learning algorithms using both IBM Watson and open source Deep Learning, CNN, and Computer Vision software
- Deploy embedded computing and edge analytics to IoT systems
We are looking for engineer that can work in one or multiple roles as below:
- Minimum of two co-op work terms in a development role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must be eligible for a 4-month work term starting May 2021
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Understanding of API specs and knowledge of how to create and integrate with REST services
- Comp Eng, Comp Sci students with strong API and web development skills
- Programming skills with C/C++, python, JS, Java, etc
- Understanding of IoT hardware, sensors, gateway, network, etc
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with cloud platforms development environments including AwS, IBM Cloud, and Azure
- Experience with SQL and noSQL databases. Big data (Hadoop, Spark) platform is a plus
- Capable of interfacing with sensors, gateways, and transceivers using embedded stack protocols and edge computing
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Country: CA
- State: MULTIPLE
- City: MULTIPLE CITIES
- Category: Other
- Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type: Intern
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Internship
- Company: (0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee
- Req ID: 347104BR
- Travel Required: No Travel
- Min Salary:
- Max Salary:
- Location: MULTIPLE CITIES, MULTIPLE CA