Requisition ID: 92547
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
As an iOS Developer, your role contributes to the development of world-class digital products and experiences on the iOS platform that touch millions of Scotiabank customers every day and contributes to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs
- Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers
- Collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app
- Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
- Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
- Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 3 or more years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 and XCTest
- Strong knowledge of UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
- Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps
- Good knowledge of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. Willing and able to provide designers with constructive feedback
- Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with Combine and SwiftUI
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Comfortable working on a large-scale product as part of a large and complex enterprise, with both new technologies and building on top of legacy systems
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent – not just a job – so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don’t apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and anonsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.