At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you’ll make:
Our team creates the software powering the PC Express online shopping platform for groceries and household goods. Every day we live and breathe our core value of placing the “Customer at the Centre”. A successful day for us is one where we can go home knowing we made a positive difference in the lives of Canadians, because we genuinely care about the people that use our platform. Building software is great, but building software that impacts lives is that much more rewarding.
To be part of our group is to always be looking for the best way to do something for our customers. As a digital business, we diligently adhere to the Build, Measure, Learn feedback loop. We build things to see how they perform in the real world, measure that performance, and use the results to test our assumptions and hypothesis. Sometimes that may mean a great idea or piece of code has to go away, but that is a small price to pay to ensure we are building the right things and solving the needs of our users.
What You’ll Do
- You will be a relentless voice for our customers in delivering quality user interfaces and platforms that are both performant and accessible in our PC Express iOS native application. Every day, you will push our team to improve our software standards and best practices, settling for nothing less than excellence. Using your experience, you will deliver high quality software and features that make our users’ lives better.
- In this role you will work directly with our partners at Loblaw Media. Together, we are building one of Canada’s most exciting media companies. Loblaw Media offers a unique set of assets and capabilities for planning and delivering advertising that helps consumer brands more effectively reach customers who will love their products. We use transaction-based insights from our online and bricks and mortar stores to target audiences and measure campaign effectiveness. We activate across our owned channels as well as 3rd party media.
- Working in agile scrum, you will work collaboratively with other developers, data analysts, product owners, performance gurus, and other subject matter experts to challenge the status quo and improve the lives of our shoppers, one release after the other.
- * Balance code quality with business requirements and customer needs
- * Deliver cutting edge software that enhances our customer experience
- * Collaborate with other teams to find the best solutions available, and if not, build them
- * Keep us up-to-date with the latest mobile best practices
Does this sound like you?
- Excellent iOS development skills with Swift
- Detailed knowledge about a variety of iOS frameworks
- Keen awareness and understanding of performance, security, and other software engineering best practices
- The ability to pick up technology quickly. We don’t say “I’m not familiar with that technology,” without adding, “but let me read up on it, and I’ll get back to you on it.”
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design
- Communication skills are paramount. Documenting once is not enough; being able to explain something in 5 different ways is key.
- You enjoy taking ownership of your work in an environment where leadership is a shared responsibility.
- Familiarity with functional programming
- Experience with Gitflow workflow, CI/CD pipelines, RxSwift, Realm, Fastlane, and some parts of the Google Cloud Platform
- Show us your past projects! We’ll specifically be looking for how you decided to design your application, and of course how you decided to get it deployed and ready for customers.
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.