We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an Investment Reporting Analyst in Winnipeg.
The Investment Reporting Analyst is responsible for the preparation and consolidation of investment reports for the Investment Division in accurate and timely manner. This includes producing supporting documents for investment income allocation reporting and variance analysis and producing segmented balance sheets.
What you will do
- Compile and analyze a variety of financial reports on investment activity and holdings to support consolidated corporate financial statements, tax reports, regulatory and compliance reports, and other published information.
- Assist with preparation of Investment Division reporting for the annual investment income budget.
- Compile and analyze reports and results on investment income variances and full year re-projections for Senior Management and various business units.
- Compile and analyze reports on segmented assets and liabilities for various business units.
- Identify and make recommendations, as appropriate, for potential areas of policy/procedure improvements.
- Participate in special/ad hoc financial projects, as required.
What you will bring
- University degree, either in commerce or finance, majoring in accounting (working towards obtaining CPA designation is an asset)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related accounting job function
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities while managing deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook and advanced Excel functions including macros and pivot tables.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted