Stifel GMP is looking to hire an Investment Banking Analyst to join its Metals and Mining group in Toronto. The successful candidate will join a fast paced, high performing team with significant deal flow and a proven and successful track record in the sector.
The Investment Banking Analyst will be in charge of supporting the investment banking team with tasks that will include:
- Perform various corporate and asset valuation methods: comparable companies, precedent transactions and DCF;
- Assist the deal team with the development of recommendations for product offerings, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and valuations;
- Prepare and review materials used in the financing of clients, including investment memoranda, management presentations and pitchbooks;
- Prepare and use financial models for the purposes of analyzing and evaluating companies and transactions;
- Work with the team to maintain databases on transactions and companies financials/multiples within the sector coverage;
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients;
- Perform due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation of live transactions;
- Create presentations for clients to solicit mandates or in support of mandated transactions; and
- Keep abreast of and analyze the impact on clients of current events, critical issues, and relevant news.
A high regard for detail and accuracy are essential. The role of the Investment Banking Analyst is challenging and fast-paced. It requires dedication, passion for the industry, a solid work ethic and strong ability to function as part of a team.
Educational credentials should consist of one of the following undergraduate degrees 1) in business, with a focus on finance or 2) in Engineering (focus in Mining) or Geology, with a demonstrated understanding of financial concepts. A CFA designation, or the pursuit of a CFA designation is viewed favorably.
- Minimum 1 year full-time work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, accounting or private equity is strongly preferred;
- Strong financial/analytical skills related to corporate finance and securities analysis;
- High degree of work ethic and motivation, including a willingness to work long hours;
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in an open office and team environment;
- A track record of taking initiative;
- A demonstrated proficiency in problem solving; and
- A strong interest in and understanding of financial markets.
Previous field experience in the mining sector or a consulting group in geology, mining and metallurgy considered an asset.
About STIFEL GMP
Stifel Canada (https://www.stifel.com/institutional/StifelCanada) is a leading provider of investment banking services, including advisory and underwriting, institutional sales and trading and research services. We offer a full suite of focused debt capital markets, equity capital markets, financial advisory, and investment services, delivering superior advice and execution to a broad range of corporate clients and institutional investors worldwide.
Stifel Canada is a subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corp., a full-service investment bank with over 400 investment banking professionals, international coverage and deep industry experience, serving the needs of middle-market companies through specialized expertise and strong relationships within its core industries. Stifel is ranked number one for total number of managed equity deals under $1 billion; ranked number two for managed venture capital-backed IPOs; and, ranked number one among middle-market investment banks for public M&A transactions under $1 billion.