Company 1 - The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Investment Analyst, Venture Capital role is an integral support function to the Venture Capital team’s Associate Director/Director as they assess new venture capital opportunities and manage existing portfolio investments.This position is responsible for assessing new venture capital investment opportunities and monitoring existing portfolio investments.
This position assists Manulife Investment Management Private Equity & Credit’s Venture Capital team. The candidate will focus a majority of their time on analyzing new venture capital investment opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the completion of in-depth company due diligence, including analyzing the startup software firm itself, its market, competitors and growth opportunities.
- Assess software firms for the quality of the underlying technology, appeal of the solution, and ability to scale and capture market share.
- Assist in the preparation of investment memo material, summarizing the investment opportunity and analysis of the team, product, market, competitors, financial model and returns.
- Complete proactive market research to identify potential investment opportunities.
- Join the Venture Capital team in meeting with software startups and attend local and digital industry events, as needed.
- Complete annual reviews on the performance of the existing venture portfolio.
- Other tasks as required.
Consider yourself an ideal candidate for this program if you are a highly motivated individual with demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills; possess strong interpersonal skills; function well in a team environment and if you are a results-oriented individual. In addition, we are looking for candidates who have the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Engineering, Science or other relevant degree
- Have recently graduated or have 2-3 years’ relevant experience with established or startup technology firms, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, and/or consulting.
- Strong interest in new technologies and trends, early-stage startups and venture investing.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills in a multi-tasking environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Solid computer experience using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Desire to learn and the ability to be flexible, creative and show initiative while working in a challenging and fast paced environment.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]