The Clorox Company of Canada, Ltd.
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
This position will create and lead our International Division’s pipeline of innovation to meet our industry leading goals across 4 major regions (Latin America, Canada, Asia, Europe/Middle East/Africa/Australia/New Zealand) and 4 primary product portfolios (Cleaning, Glad, Burt’s Bees & Cat Litter).
Position Summary (Mission/Purpose):
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of engineers, scientists, mechanical designers, and packaging experts, who are actively involved in every step in the product lifecycle, from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative products that deliver superior value.
Clorox is committed to being a leader in Packaging Sustainability. We signed the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s New Plastics Economy Global Commitment, which sets a vision of a circular economy for plastic. As part of our signatory status, we have pledged aggressive plastic waste reduction and other packaging goals, including a 50% combined reduction in virgin plastic and fiber packaging by 2030 and 100% Reusable, Recyclable, or Compostable packaging by 2025. This position will create and lead our International Division’s pipeline of innovation to meet our industry leading goals across 4 major regions (Latin America, Canada, Asia, Europe/Middle East/Africa/Australia/New Zealand) and 4 primary product portfolios (Cleaning, Glad, Burt’s Bees & Cat Litter).
As a Packaging Engineer & Sustainability Expert, you will be responsible for leading new packaging innovation in the International Cleaning business, achieving Clorox’s global growth aspirations in disinfecting products and eCommerce while improving our environmental footprint. You will work for global leading brands such as Clorox/Ayudin and Poett, and a diverse set of packaging systems (plastics, corrugates, flexibles, etc) and technologies that allow us to provide the best solutions to our consumer’s needs. As we bring our Clorox Ignite Strategy to life, you will be able to shape and directly impact the way we think of our packaging systems in the International division, transforming and setting pace for the future of our environmental footprint across the globe. You will collaborate with product & process development counterparts, commercial partners, and external supply partners to ideate, develop, and recommend options to bring ideas to life. You will be an end-to-end champion for the consumer, delivering consistent high-quality products. As an Associate Research Fellow, you will stay on top of industry trends, serve as a thought leader for packaging and delivery systems, and collaborate with Packaging Subject Matter Experts around the globe to unlock new sustainable packaging technology.
The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Lead International Sustainability Strategy:
- Champion sustainability to help define plans, monitor, and achieve sustainability goals for the division
- Drive sustainability choices and agenda both for Corporate and International, influencing internally and externally
- Support creation of broad exclusionary strategy (IP) where and when applicable.
- Deliver Packaging expertise:
- Identifies, recommends and researches new and existing packaging options to align with high potential product development and claims.
- Supports brand and marketing through all phases of product development.
- Identify, champion, and adapt new technologies, tools, and formulas; and help develop best practices in innovation and technology throughout Research and Development.
- Collaborate and build technical excellence
- Identifies, recommends and researches new and existing packaging options and materials to align with high potential product development and claims, with strong focus on consumer needs and sustainability impact
- Emphasis on process management within the R&D group, and cross-functionality to help drive efficiency gains and accelerated speed to market through improved data and process controls from package sustainability to product innovation and beyond.
More about Research & Development (R&D)
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging experts, who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our products – from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative products that deliver superior value.
More About Clorox
TheClorox Company(NYSE:CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020 sales of$6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
- Liquid-Plumr®clog removers
- Poett®home care products
- Fresh Step®cat litter
- Glad®bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley®dressings and sauces
- Brita®water-filtration products;Burt’s Bees®natural personal care products
- RenewLife®digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality™ and NeoCell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets industry-leading products and technologies for professional customers, including those sold under the CloroxPro™ and Clorox Healthcare® brand names. Nearly 80% of the company’s sales are generated from brands that hold theNo. 1or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.
Clorox Canada was founded in 1972. It is a team of 400 employees with the head office located in Brampton and two additional manufacturing facilities. Our iconic brands are: Clorox, Green Works, PineSol, Kingsford, Hidden Valley, K C Masterpiece, Brita, Glad, Burt’s Bees and Renew Life. You can visit our website at: https://cloroxofcanada.ca/