Location: St. Thomas, ON
Come build the future with us! Masco Canada is searching for a dynamic finance & accounting professional who is passionate about making difference, and helping us to own a market leading product portfolio that consumers love. Reporting to CFO, you will join our diverse and rapidly developing team.
In a role of Internal Control and Finance Projects Analyst, you will report directly to CFO and be responsible for leading and accessing the internal control environment of Masco Canada, ensuring compliance with business unit and corporate policy, and with Masco Corporate Control Service Group (CCS) in relation to ICFR. This role also assumes responsibilities for Assigned Projects in Finance & Accounting Area. We are looking for a standout colleague with strong finance and accounting skills, innovative ideas, excellent communication skills, and a drive to win.
What you will bring:
- 7+ years of post-degree progressive finance & accounting experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Accounting Designation completion or Program Enrollment
- Proven creative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with comfort working across functions and with different levels of management
- Teammate who is able to influence others within the business and functional teams
- Ability to work under timelines within a very dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient Excel skills and experience working with ERP systems
- Passion for technology, desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big inspirations
- Outstanding mentoring skills
What you will do:
- Assist CFO and Controller in maintaining a sound control environment
- Ensure controls are appropriately crafted, documented and tested
- Provide reasonable assurance that ICFR controls are operating effectively
- Effective control deficiency identification and remediation procedures
- Internal Control Audit Lead
- Follow requirements outlined by Masco Corporation: Non ICAP
- Internal Controls Manager Roles and Responsibilities MFP: CC.01.29 & CC.01.30
- System Access: Work with IS to review and authorize computer Access. Part of ongoing Internal Control processes. Include SOD review
- Conduct Annual System Access Audits (JDE)
- Work with Masco HQ relating to System access for Contract Tool, Team Centre, Hfm, Fas & Capex.
- Training and Communication with Process Leads and Control Owners.
- Annual Review of Risks and Controls, Ensure the Controls are Operating, Effective and that Documentation is up to date.
- Review Segregation of Duties issues, and ensure compensating controls are in place.
- Keep up on Masco Corp Policy changes; Review controls associated with areas where policies have changed to ensure compliance. Advise others where appropriate.
- Monthly Updates / Phone Meetings with Masco CCS – Global ICFR Manager.
- Lead on Audit engagements relating to ICFR – MIAD. Coordinate efforts with Process leads, and/or Control owners.
- Orientation for new employees relating to internal controls
- MCM – Contract Control – Accounting Reviewer and Administrator.
- Participation in Major Projects impacting Accounting and Finance
- Assisting with monthly standard journal entries, perform reconciliations and account analysis
- Prepare and issue Quarterly Contract Compliance Certification Forms to Contract Originators.
Who You Are:
- A collaborative teammate with strong influencing skills, who establishes relationships easily across various stakeholder groups in order to move initiatives forward
- Action oriented, comfortable taking calculated risks
- Outcome focused, critical problem solver with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire organization
- A creative and adventurous leader with the ability to lead in an environment of change
- A difference maker!
Masco Canada Limited
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster:English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster:English,Spanish