Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company. QuadReal manages the real estate and mortgage programs of British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), one of Canada’s largest asset managers with a $171.3 billion portfolio. Today QuadReal also manages real estate on behalf of RBC Global Asset Management (RBC GAM).
QuadReal manages a portfolio greater than $45 billion spanning 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. The company seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
More About this Job
The analyst will support the Investment Management (Development, Asset Management and Acquisitions teams) for Parkbridge. These teams are responsible for evaluating development opportunities, reporting the performance of the portfolio, asset business plans, conducting acquisition and disposition underwriting, managing transactions, and producing investment memorandums, research reports and studies to drive decision making.
- Work with the investment teams to prepare return calculations and analysis for potential transactions, including the creation of cashflow models to anticipate future performance and the presentation of financial modelling outputs and conclusions.
- Preparation of financial analysis, proforma modelling, market reports and investment memoranda for a variety of purposes, including: property level hold-sell analysis; major capital and investments decisions; and as required, acquisition/disposition analysis.
- Active role in the creation and updating of annual business plans; operating budgets; and quarterly reports and presentations
- Assist the investment team with due diligence and other tasks required in the acquisitions/dispositions processes.
- Support the development team in analyzing new opportunities and provide analytical support in creating development models, scenario analysis and presentation material
- Gather and interpret market and economic research and co-ordinate integration with analysis and preparation of investment memos.
- Computing NAV, investment performance, real estate operating metrics, and other KPIs by maintaining Excel-based fund models
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly and ad hoc management reports for senior management
Qualifications and Experience
- Education – Enrolled in an accredited University program and able to demonstrate an early understanding of corporate finance concepts and best practices; preferably working towards a Real Estate or Finance specialization.
- CFA or CAIA, and or AACI enrolment is considered an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate acumen in financial modelling.
- Analytical – Strong quantitative and analytical skills; detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data sets
- Communication – Excellent communication and presentation skills; demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results that articulate key themes and messages.
- Organization – Must be able to allocate time effectively and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and change. Comfortable following direction but also contributing to the direction.
- Software – Must have advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word; Proficiency working with large structured datasets and databases (MS Access & SQL)
- Relationship – Must be extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to take guidance but then move projects forward independently.
- Experience – Previous experience working with a real estate company (asset manager or developer), real estate brokerage or advisory firm, appraisal firm, or real estate lender is desirable. A strong interest in developing a career within real estate is essential.
- We believe that communities thrive when people come together for a shared purpose. This is central to how we work and interact with our homeowners, resort guests and valued employees.
- Parkbridge is Canada’s leading owner, operator and developer of residential and resort land lease communities. We create thriving communities where Canadians can live and vacation with ease.
- Our land lease model is attractive because it allows people to own their home or vacation property without buying the land, creating a more affordable option.
- With more than 1100 passionate employees across Canada, we are excited to continue growing our team while providing professional and rewarding career opportunities.
- Parkbridge is guided by our C.A.R.E principles, which we strive to bring to life in our relationships with our residents, customers and our team:
- Community: we are committed to one another and value each other’s contributions.
- Authenticity: we are honest and fulfil our commitments.
- Respect: we are empathetic, professional and treat others with dignity.
- Excellence: we are proactive in our work and we exceed expectations.
- Whether you live, vacation or work with Parkbridge, our goal is to make you feel safe, connected, engaged and supported.
QuadReal will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.