Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board
May 2021 – September 2021
Do you want to get exposure to asset management and cutting-edge analytics while working with financial data and implementing business logic using SQL?
- You will supply financial data and help develop analytic tools used by researchers to address practical topics for managing the total fund portfolio
- You will learn about asset classes and their risk and return characteristics
- You will work with modern web-based technologies and architectures
Who you’ll work with
- Working in a team with 5 other quantitative and/or software developers
- The work is project based, with projects ranging from half a day to the full term
- Reporting to Director of Research & Analytics in the Strategy & Risk department
- Immediate clients are the researchers using the tools and data you develop
- Work location is Toronto head office in our hoteling work space
- Hours are reasonably flexible with no additional travelling involved
What you’ll do
Depending on the candidate’s skill level in SQL, the role will either be primarily SQL development with some data management or primarily data management.
- Updating financial time series data in an Oracle database using SQL
- Investigating and resolving spikes, gaps, and overlaps in time series data
- Interpreting financial and accounting data by applying investment knowledge
- Trouble-shoot in-house software applications for performance and functionality
- Perform research on other investment managers such as endowments and sovereign wealth funds
What you’ll need
- Must have working knowledge of SQL programming
- Must have familiarity with asset classes and their distinct characteristics
- Must have solid mathematical background, particularly in statistics
- Concentration in Mathematics, Computer Programming, Statistics, finance or related field.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming is an asset.
- Previous work term experience preferred
- Must be enrolled in 3rd / 4th year or related Master’s program
- You must be enrolled in a co-op program or returning back to your studies after the work term is completed
What we’re offering
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development through lunch and learns and online learning through Degreed which offers thousands of courses on a variety of different subjects
- Student led team building events on a monthly basis
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
At Ontario Teachers’, we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Submit your application online at www.otpp.com/careers and apply to requisition #3170. The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
- Copy of your transcripts
**Once your resume is uploaded, you may use the ‘upload’ button to attach more documents such as those required and outlined above.
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application. This portion of your application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
The deadline to apply for this role is January 29th, 2021.
Please note that as part of our eligibility criteria it is required you are available to begin on or before May 3rd, 2021 for onboarding and training purposes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit ourPrivacy Centreto learn how we handle your personal information.