Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board
May 2021 – September 2021
Are you curious to learn more about the risks taken by OTPP’s investment professionals in Private Equity, Infrastructure, Real Estate, and Natural Resources? Join the Private Markets Risk Modelling Team within Research and Risk. We are a diverse group looking to add a creative and lateral thinker to supplement our activities and provide value-add to the private investment teams and the OTPP Board.
As a Co-op student, you will be responsible for a variety of reporting and research activities that support the strategic objectives of the Private Markets Risk Modelling Team. You will help shape and define a risk agenda that impacts the way investment risk is modelled, monitored, and reported for over $100 billion of private investments.
Who you’ll work with
Reporting to the Senior Principal, you will work with dedicated team members to measure and report the market and credit risks of our private holdings in Private Equity, Infrastructure, Real Estate, and Natural Resources. Our team consists of 3 risk professionals located in Toronto. We model, monitor, and report investment risks for private assets of over $100 billion.
What you’ll do
- Develop a deep understanding of current and new investments
- Prepare and deliver timely and high quality reports to senior management
- Contribute to research initiatives supporting the risk modelling process
- Play a role in developing modelling frameworks to capture the risk characteristics of various asset classes and individual investments
What you’ll need
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (with an emphasis on Excel)
- Working knowledge in VBA, C# (or other equivalent Object Oriented programming languages), MATLAB, and SQL is preferred
- Working knowledge in Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, or equivalent is preferred
- FRM/CFA (Level 1 or 2) is a plus
- Quantitative and qualitative problem solver
- An ability to research and test out new ideas/concepts to bridge the gap between theory and practice
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable
- Masters students preferred
What we’re offering
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development through lunch and learns and online learning through Degreed which offers thousands of courses on a variety of different subjects
- Student led team building events on a monthly basis
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
At Ontario Teachers’, we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Submit your application online at www.otpp.com/careers and apply to requisition #3130. The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
- Copy of your transcripts
**Once your resume is uploaded, you may use the ‘upload’ button to attach more documents such as those required and outlined above.
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application. This portion of your application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
The deadline to apply for this role is January 29th, 2021.
Please note that as part of our eligibility criteria it is required you are available to begin on or before May 3, 2020 for onboarding and training purposes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit ourPrivacy Centreto learn how we handle your personal information.