Public Sector Pension Investment Board
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$169.8 billion of net assets. We invest funds for thepension plans of thefederalpublicservice, the Canadian Forces, theRoyal Canadian Mounted Police andthe ReserveForce. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We create an environment that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, e
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern, Capital Markets Analytics, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate: people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern, Capital Markets Analytics, you’ll:
- Assist and offer support to the group’s strategic initiatives.
- Participate in the development of analytical tools for the Portfolio Managers and their teams to improve decision making based on real-time data & analytics.
- Assist in the implementation of a multipurpose quantitative analytics core (pricing, exposure, risk, backtesting).
- Provide ongoing support for everything related to our CM Analytics Portal
- Liaise with internal business partners such as the Front Office, Back Office, Risk, Compliance and IT service delivery groups.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive research
- Attention to details and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Econometrics or a similar program
- Academic knowledge of financial products and derivatives pricing
- Programming skills (Python, SQL, VBA, Matlab, R)
- Knowledge of oriented-object programming
- Ability to use version control systems like Git
- Knowledge of market information’s sources (Bloomberg, Compustat), an asset
- Excellent level of proficiency with MS-Office tools
- Ability to achieve proficiency in a variety of computer systems
- Bilingual English and French required
At PSP, our goal is to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of our leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship: May – August 2021
To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter and most recent unofficial transcript
Deadline to apply: January 24, 2021
Visit us on LinkedIn.