Position at FYidoctors
FYidoctors Visique, Canada’s fastest-growing eye care provider, and winner of Canada’s 50 Best Managed is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 500 optometrists in more 250 locations in only twelve years!
Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility in Delta, BC), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
We are currently recruiting for 2 permanent full-time positions as Intermediate Software Developer based at our Home Office in either Delta, BC or Calgary, AB.
The incumbent is responsible for designing, coding and unit testing software to meet the product specifications and client requirements. They will play an active role in the development and testing phases of the software development life cycle, from requirements definition through to deployment. They are knowledgeable in user interface design, transaction processing, service development, and database management systems. Must be an effective and productive team player and well versed in software engineering methodologies.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, and maintain critical business enterprise applications using a variety of industry-standard technologies.
- Assist in conceptualizing, designing and documenting new architecture for existing applications and platforms.
- Provide accurate estimates of assigned tasks for inclusion in project planning.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions using the established defect tracking software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Committed team player with a positive attitude and the motivation to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a strong professional work ethic.
- Solid understanding of software design patterns and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Familiarity with creating unit tests with a unit testing framework.
- An understanding of Test-Driven Development and the benefits of Agile.
- Understanding of API design principles and interactions.
- Familiar with .NET Framework development using C#.
- Exposure to cloud-based services (e.g. Azure, AWS).
- Usage of source control systems, such as Git
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a software development role.
- Minimum of a diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent work experience. A bachelor’s degree is considered an asset.
- Optical industry knowledge is an asset.
- Must be a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen
Our rapid and continued growth ensures that our employees are constantly challenged and rewarded. We value employees by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training and development opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued asset to our team, you can expect a comprehensive rewards package, including a competitive base salary and benefits.
Candidates will be required to complete a technical assessment to demonstrate their aptitude. We thank all respondents for their submissions but regret that only those required for interview will be contacted.