Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We are seeking a self-motivated Engineer, who is passionate about coaching and mentoring, obsessed with delivering value, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products delivered. Our current opportunity will start full-time remote with plans to join a Manulife/Manuvie office.
Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we develop, and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our Technology, Architecture & Engineering Transformation Office, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software and engineering skills.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
As an Intermediate / Senior Full Stack Software Engineer – Engineering Transformation, you will:
- Champion the transformation of engineering staff within your team and other areas within Manulife by sharing your technical expertise as part of the Manulife University program.
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives with strong and extendable architectural design
- Be an active participant in our various internal and external transformation events such as hackathons, security capture the flag, Tech Talks, and external engineering recruitment campaigns.
- Have exposure and the opportunity to collaborate with leaders across the organization, as well as other software engineers, architects, and operations engineers to uncover and showcase opportunities to deliver new business value through software
You bring and will continuously build upon the following skills:
- Mentoring and developing engineers and a passion for growing staff within the organization
- Embracing an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
You will be working with:
- Cloud Foundry and Azure Kubernetes as well as other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.