Your Role and Responsibilities
Looking for an exciting and challenging career? Seeking to enhance your technical skills and become part of a professional team? Wanting to develop client-facing skills? Excited to join a High Tech giant that has been in business for over 100 years, and yet still manages to be on the leading edge. Want to work with and be mentored by true experts who have been in the game since “Business Intelligence” was invented? Want to become an expert yourself?
Join our fast-paced, diverse and cutting-edge team, IBM Business Analytics Customer Success and Support.
We help organizations of all sizes make sense of information in the context of their business. The Support team is a highly collaborative team where hard work and achievement is both recognized and rewarded.
We are seeking a Customer Success Analyst who is looking for a stimulating and challenging career at IBM.
The analyst is responsible for remote technical support of IBM software and solutions for the Business Analytics business unit across a broad spectrum of IBM Cognos products.
Many of our analysts move onto successful careers in Development, Product Management, or Consulting, others choose to stay within Support organization in consulting, teaching or management roles.
We contribute to the Support department organizational objectives: technical excellence and high customer satisfaction metrics, through a combination of the following behaviors and skills:
- Provide technical assistance to customers using existing knowledge base, through problem determination / trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Prioritize and understand issues – negotiates with clients as to relative priority.
- Communicates action plans to the customer, and as necessary and appropriate to other internal IBM personnel (Cognos Operations, Management, Development, et al).
Additionally, the analyst may also:
- Recommend and/or implement new solutions or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures and processes.
- Provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contribute to early beta testing of new BA (Cognos) releases.
- Create or enhance knowledge assets for the BA Knowledge Base (how to guides, technical notes or similar).
We are seeking top talent individuals with these key characteristics:
- Proven collaboration and problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX platforms ideally)
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g., DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Familiarity with web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years experience in Databases e.g., DB2, MS SQL, Oracle
- At least 1 year experience in web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience or knowledge of Cognos
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Knowledge or exposure to any other “business intelligence” vendors would be considered an asset
- Experience in a customer facing role
- French: Fluent
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.