The Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
The Global Spread Products Technology Team is seeking an Apps Dev Intermediate Program Analyst to join the Regulatory development team in Mississauga to support the GSP business. This role will require extensive development using Java, Microservices, Containerisation, OpenShift, Kubernetes, and Big Data technology. Candidate will be heavily involved with implementation of strategic Regulatory systems for Global Spread Products and broader group. The ideal candidate will be responsible and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high pressured environment is essential.
Required Skills /Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Goal, Client and deadline oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Solid 2-5 years of experience with Javadevelopment
- Hands-on experience with RESTful service implementations.
- Experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot
- Experience building Distributed / Service Oriented / Microservice-style architectures (ECS, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, MangoDB)
- Hands on experience with Jenkins, TeamCity, Sonar Cube, BitBucket
- Strong understanding of different storage architectures and their appropriate application.
- Experience in software development SDLC (Agile)
- Excellent knowledge of Multithreading, Thread-Pools with strong OOP and OOAD skills
- Experienced in developing real time low latency applications
- Exposure to or experience in message driven architectures
- Front Office GSP Trading Desks
- Middle Office
- Regulatory Reform Team
- Dependent Technology teams (Trade, Risk and Shared Services)
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Prior Investment Banking Regulation system experience is highly desirable
- Experience in message broker
- Exposure with Apache Flink will be big plus
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting