Canada – Ontario, Markham
AECOM is seeking an Intermediate Engineer with a focus on Odor Control, Air Pollution and Ventilation to be based in our Markham, Ontario office.The air quality practice and air quality engineering are strong and well diversified services providing technical support studies, odour control systems design, air pollution control systems engineering and incineration technology. The practice area has a significant presence in Ontario and Canada with over 30 staff represented in Toronto, Calgary, Mississauga and Hamilton.
The unique and complementary spectrum of services has defined the air quality engineering as a full-service provider in a market where clients can be provided with virtually all air related services from the design services for retrofit and new systems installation. The group delivers these services using the support of a fully integrated design services department in various offices in Canada and the United States. Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
- Manage assigned projects on schedule and within budget
- Develop and maintain project standards in accordance with Company and client requirements
- Assist the AQ engineering group with field work for air pollution control system assessment
- Develop the air quality process and system calculations, equipment sizing
- Work with a team of designers on the development of the general arrangement drawings, layouts and details
- Involvement with the development of the project reports and attend the client meetings
- Ability to work within a large organization and work collaboratively with peers, junior, and senior staff in multiple office locations for technical project delivery
- Participate in new product line development
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with current clients
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record’s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM’s global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals – to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field + 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalenc of experience and/or education
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6+ years proven track record in project management, proposal writing, contract administration, business development, field work and client liaison
- A professional engineering designation (P.Eng.) is preferable
- Have the enthusiasm to lead to develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and support staff. This is your opportunity to seize the moment and arrive as a senior player in the Ontario and North America market
- Excellent communications skills including report writing, oral presentations, and direct verbal communication
- Knowledge and experience with the environmental, air quality and provincial government regulatory requirements related to air emissions and environmental permitting
- Skills or experience in the following areas would be an asset: Pollution Control System design, Industrial Ventilation, GHG inventories/foot print experience, Environmental Impact Assessments/Monitoring & Sampling Programs, Industrial Process, Odour Control Strategy
- Proficient in common desktop packages, i.e. Word, Excel, MS Project
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Mechanical
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 240896BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.