Citi’s Innovation labs is a global network of innovation centers focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to Citi’s Capital Markets, Securities Services and Banking lines of businesses.
Our Mission is to create a competitive advantage for our clients, manifested as change in the way they operate, by providing innovative technological solutions with strong client engagement, from idea to production, and by leveraging the entrepreneurship spirit.
We are currently looking for an excellent data analyst to join one of our cutting edge trade surveillance solutions. It is a highly advanced trade monitoring and analytics product used globally among Citi’s trading desks.
- Directly impact business and applications with technical expertise to 1) resolve data-related production issues and inquiries from stakeholders, 2) provide short-term resolutions and 3) work with technology teams for long-term remediation
- Explore and analyze diverse datasets to develop new robust controls
- Work with business partners to design new workflows to transform business requirements into concrete insights
- Onboard data across the various financial markets via multiple consumption methods (message buses, SFTP, SQL connectors)
- Develop automated procedures to improve and optimize existing controls
Experience & Qualifications
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience demonstrating strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity working with data and relational / non-relational databases such as MongoDB and Hadoop
- Hands-on experience in SQL and Python; Apache Spark is an advantage
- Experience in troubleshooting code and logs
- Experience in Linux – advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- BS/BA in Software Engineering or Computer Science – advantage, or in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other STEM major
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting