Who We Are
Teranet is an international leader and pioneer in electronic land registration systems and commerce. As the exclusive provider of Ontario’s online property search and registration, we developed, own, and operate the Ontario Electronic Land Registration System – one of the most advanced, secure, and sophisticated land registration systems in the world. In Manitoba, Teranet owns and operates The Property Registry, providing certification of titles to land, maintains land records, and offers reliable information of financial interests in personal property to the public. Teranet also offers a complementary suite of innovative solutions for a number of key industries, including real estate, financial services, law, and government and utilities.
To learn more about who we are visit our website: www.teranet.ca
We are a Canadian company and a global Innovator in electronic services and solutions. We operate one of the most advanced and secure registration systems in the world. We are the market leader in Registry Services, with best-in-class solutions for real estate, financial services, law, and government. We have a fun and collaborative culture and are one of Canada’s top companies for employee engagement. We are a talent-driven organization and invest in our people and their career growth. We improve the lives and businesses of our clients.
About the Role
The Intermediate Client Support Specialist will provide 1st to 3rd level hardware/software technical support for all Teranet offices via the Service Now ticketing system. Support includes user account issues, desktop/laptop program installation, and maintenance, Office 365 Administrative tasks, Windows Active Directory support. Support for multiple security programs on all devices including mobile devices coupled with multi-factor authentication. Remote access support and remote device management. If the individual in this position does not complete tasks, individuals within the organization will not be able to complete their daily job functions.
What will you be doing
- Provide Tier 2 support when Tier 1 support is unable to resolve. Issues include troubleshooting application/system issues related to crashes and reduced functionality. Evaluate and correct or advise a solution to the issue
- Provide Cisco VPN, Microsoft O365, SCCM, Active Directory, Adobe, Symantec, Carbon Black, Zoom, and Webex application support including new functionality, documentation, installation, and fine-tuning
- Troubleshoot hardware issues on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- On/Offboard employees ensuring all policies are adhered to
- Perform immediate escalation, personal monitoring, and remediation of any situation impacting or resulting in loss of functionality to Teranet until completion and/or problem correction.
- Ensure all applications are at current versions of software and operating environment patch levels.
- Ensure all inventories are kept current and central inventory files are stored appropriately.
Interpersonal and Technical Skills:
- Relevant hands-on operational experience in production data center environments.
- Needs to deal professionally and patiently with users
- Dependable, reliable performance under all circumstances
- Take ownership approach to the environment, personnel, and service levels.
- Always looking for improvements to facility, equipment, and/or processes for improved service levels and/or performance.
- Dealing with all issues immediately and effectively.
- Advising supervisor of items requiring approval and/or outside person’s responsibility scope.
- Solid technical skills and experience to successfully perform the required duties.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical staff.
- Ability to exercise a degree of judgment daily
- You have 5+ years deploying windows OSes particularly Windows 10
- You have 3+ years experience + hands-on in a production PC or server support role (Windows server and desktop O/S, Mac O/S, Citrix
- At a minimum, a college-based program centered on computer systems and technology coupled with specific certification on Microsoft system applications is required.
- You have no less than 5 years of previous experience in a similar role with certification in multiple backend applications including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory, and Microsoft SCCM application.
- You possess knowledge of Powershell/DOS commands and scripting.
- You possess fundamental hardware and networking knowledge
- Knowing security applications is an asset.
- Knowing PCI standards is an asset.
- You can troubleshoot and correct issues under tight deadlines and high pressures.
- You can think independently and creatively while ensuring the solution maintains compliance with policies and possible PCI regulations
What We Offer
- A competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Package
- A company with stability and strong government partnerships
- An Opportunity to be part of an organization that is in growth mode through numerous acquisitions
- An Opportunity to contribute to our teams and grow the Teranet brand
- An environment where you will be challenged and supported daily
What’s It Like At Teranet
- We operate through our core values
- We have received numerous awards for our technologies and our successful partnership with the Government of Ontario.
- We have been recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 4 consecutive years.
- We have a rich history, and we are pleased to make you a part of our exciting future
At Teranet, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Come As You Are. We Like You that Way