Insurance Operations Analyst
Purpose of role
The Insurance Operations Analyst supports key team, departmental and organizational initiatives, while achieving business results through teamwork, and effective problem solving to deliver timely and accurate reporting and analytics.
The Insurance Operations Analyst is accountable for reporting and providing value added insights and intelligence for the business. They are responsible for preparation, delivery, and analysis of ongoing weekly, monthly, quarterly, ad hoc reporting, new initiatives, presentations and enhancements and/or projects which includes design, development and implementation.
The role requires strong technical skills, business focus, a strategic mindset, and excellent interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Perform analysis/reporting to support Insurance Operations teams including call centre key metrics, operational volumes, business trends, service levels, and quality.
- Define and track key performance indicators associated with existing operations and measure the impact of new initiatives. Implement and maintain measurement frameworks necessary to determine success and progress.
- Analyze data sets to uncover opportunities, new insights and recommend strategies to improve processes, practices and departmental effectiveness.
- Develop forecasting and modeling tools to identify trends, anomalies and causes, projects impact and outcomes, and recommends proactive solutions. Provides a centralized source of business metrics for management in order to make informed business decisions.
- Validate the quality and integrity of data and reporting processes used in generating the reports.
- Advanced data formatting, standardization to analyze large amounts of information from different sources to gather data-driven insights and apply data visualization skills using a variety of coding, statistics and tools.
- Maintain and update existing reports, databases, presentations, reporting portal, dashboards, daily job runs, and Insurance Operations programs.
- Identify and implement opportunities to consolidate, automate and standardize reports.
- Gather requirements and facilitate fact-based decision making with stakeholders across different levels of the organization for new standardized reports and help tell the story through PowerPoint presentations.
- Respond to, follow up, and execute stakeholder requests in a timely manner and consistently communicate updates on progress or changes.
- Identifies potential risk situations/ impacts and makes recommendations or escalates to leadership
- Keep current with best practices in data visualization
- Work with the Insurance Operations Analytics and Reporting team to create and maintain documentation for reporting processes. Archive reports in team drive.
- Support a positive, motivating work environment that values the people and encourages participation, creativity, learning and accountability
- Support managers in achieving departmental service level agreements and quality targets
- Works to deadlines on a consistent basis
- Manages multiple priorities daily
- Ensures strict confidentiality is maintained where required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, technology, statistics or related field
- General knowledge of operations principles, insurance industry and fundamental statistics
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written (and ability to influence others with quantitative based logic)
- Ability to translate data and technical details into business terms
- Advanced data rendering, standardization and data visualization skills. Data mining and modeling experience is an asset.
- Facilitates decision making
- Build strong business relationships with stakeholders through accurate and timely execution in support of key departmental initiatives and objectives.
- 2+ years of working experience with advanced knowledge on retrieving, transforming, and displaying data within Excel, MS Access and PowerPoint. VBA Macros knowledge would be an asset
- 2+ years of working experience in an analytical or reporting role using tools such as SAS, SQL, Visual Basic, HTML, data visualization tools for the purpose of data mining, staging, storing, reporting and providing business insights.
- Thorough knowledge of database concepts and data modeling with ability to understand programming concepts.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and the ability to practically apply the theories including the ability to analyze data to determine trends
- Excellent organizational and operational decision-making skills
- Ability to plan and organize in self-directed and team environments
- Strong sense of personal accountability, teamwork, professional discretion and adaptability to changing business needs.
- Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize according to team and department objectives well.
- Effective and efficient time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experienced in preparing and presenting to a range of different audiences including senior leadership.
- Working knowledge of the project life cycle and user acceptance testing.
Hours of Operation:
- Flexibility for periodic weekend hours and statutory holidays may also be required to support changing conditions, customer demand, and business needs.
Only those candidates who will be selected for further consideration will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team. Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.