- The Application Infra Engineer will be responsible for setting up application environments hosting Citi Commercial Bank applications including vendor technologies. Candidate will support the developer organization by installing web & application server environment, build & release infrastructure, and other hosting related web services. He will work with requestors to derive hardware sizing and procurement as per the application requirements. He will work on implementation of web applications using various http, Java, security, authentication & database technologies. Web Technology specialist will also help with SSL certificates renewals, secure application key stores, application debugging & environment stability support.
Responsible for on-boarding and integration of in-house developed and third party applications into common technology stacks and processes. Streamline and standardize application release processes and automation. Work with development teams to define, submit and then track infrastructure procurement requests.
The role will provide an opportunity to work with best in class critical Financial Service application deployed globally. Candidate will get an opportunity to work directly with global technology teams & cutting edge technologies.
- Troubleshoot application and database performance issues and provide performance tuning services.
- Facilitate integration of incoming and outgoing feeds to and from internal and external parties.
- Extend common set of monitoring capabilities to application support teams.
- Assist in defining authentication requirements and facilitate deployment of SAML, Kerberos, MFA and siteminder.
- Deploy firewall, proxy plug, LB, WideIP and SSL for all applications.
- Work with developers and ethical hack teams to close development and infrastructure findings for external and internal facing applications.
- Define and implement application/database COB strategy and facilitate COB application testing.
- Ensure technology assets, platforms are shared across organization to avoid duplication.
- Web technology admin supporting enterprise applications.Experience in installation, configuration and administration of web servers, application servers.
- Experience in code release & environment management. Hands-on experience of supporting global application environments.
- Automation experience using scripts and tools. Experience in management of application infrastructure implementation.
- Experience in web technologies such as JVM, Oracle/Apache Web servers, application servers such as Weblogic, Tomcat, Jetty, Spring Boot etc. Understanding of production change management processes. Application monitoring. UNIX/Linux experience for setting up application environments.
- Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Oracle Http server.
- Application servers: Jetty, Tomcat, SpringBoot, Docker, OpenShift , Micro services
- JVM: Sun JDK & Jrockit
- Authentication & Authorization tool such as Siteminder, SAML 2.0, and Multifactor.
- Debug tools: Dynatrace, Fiddler, TCPTrace, and Firebug.
- Networking concepts: VIP’s, WideIP’s, Global network setup & user routing, load balancers, Disaster recovery etc.
- Logging & Search : Elastic Search, Splunk
- Server operating systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows.
- Vulnerability Assessment and application security
- Cloud hosting : Private, GCP or AWS
- Scripting: Bash, Perl, and WLST.
- Build and Deployment tools: uDeploy, Teamcity, jenkins, SVN, CVS, Maven, Github.
- Database: Oracle, MySql, MongoDB, Hadoop.
- Server hardware sizing experience.
- Investment banking experience in global application setup with large number of global client base is preferred.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to operate independently and also work collaboratively with other enterprise teams.
- Bachelors of Engineering/Science.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting