The Infrastructure Senior Technical specialist is an intermediate to senior level role responsible for driving end to end hosting platform in non-production environment support strategies, including maintenance, triaging issues, technical guidance, and security in coordination with the Application, DevOps and Technology Infrastructure teams. The overall objective is to lead, coordinate, manage and advise a team of Infrastructure engineers on technical and strategic concepts and activities.
- Lead, evaluate, provide resources and drive a team of Infrastructure engineers towards realistic goals
- Apply technical expertise to strategize for current/future technological developments and serve as point of contact for technical questions
- Apply knowledge of concepts and procedures to resolve issues
- Responsible for delivery of end results and resource planning; shares responsibility for budget management which directly impacts the in Technology Infrastructure area
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for infrastructure technologies functional areas across
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of how Technology Infrastructure integrates within the overall technology function to achieve business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information; resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, evaluate controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction
- Persuade and influences others through communication skills; may negotiate with external parties and partner applications
- Have the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
- Demonstrate particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Adhere to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Database experience with (Oracle/MongoDB/NoSQL)
- Knowledge of Web security frameworks and various Vulnerability Assessment tools would be advantageous
- Linux/Unix, WebSphere, Tibco, MQ, Apache Kafka, Open-shift ECS, Elastic Search, Oracle/MongoDB 6. Linux/Unix Admin experience is a Plus
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience in a Financial Services or large complex and/or global environment preferred
- Ability to develop projects required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking and best practices
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to partner with virtual and in-person teams, define goals to a team, and work under pressure or to a deadline
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree(preferred) in Information Technology, or equivalent
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting