Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible – at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Infrastructure Acquisition Manager
Fastly is looking for an Infrastructure Acquisition Manager to join our growing Infrastructure Team. This role will be part of the Network Strategy team that is responsible for the strategy and execution of Fastly’s network expansion across the globe. The role requires both a business and technical approach: the ability to network, negotiate, and manage projects while mindfully managing key details around colocation, connectivity, and cloud services use. The role will support the rapid growth of our global network infrastructure by acquiring data center services, IP connectivity, dark fiber and wavelength services, and owning the supplier lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Operate as a key business partner to oversee the supplier lifecycle for Fastly’s portfolio of datacenter, IP connectivity, dark fiber, and other infrastructure services
- Manage a subset of supplier relationships. Monitor supplier performance, spend, invoicing accuracy, and other internal metrics to drive efficiency
- Provide guidance to business leaders by understanding acquisition strategy, market dynamics, risk and exposure, and long-term planning
- Participate in complex negotiations and contract reviews with suppliers
- Partner with project managers to guide deployments, upgrades, and augment activities
- Analyze network telemetry to develop interconnection strategies and work with partners to ensure that there is adequate capacity to meet business needs
- Participate in weekly network planning and capacity reviews; create budgets, forecasts, and related reports as necessary
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of direct experience in technical sourcing, contract negotiation, and/or technical project management in datacenter and connectivity related services
- Experience in network operations and/or procurement in Content Delivery Network (CDN), Internet Service Provider (ISP), Hosting, or other datacenter-centric environments is a plus
- You must be an independent self-starter who can work with a high-degree of autonomy and independence
- You must be capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects in the context of larger cross-functional initiatives
- You must be organized and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must possess strong organizational and analytical skills; have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite as well as the ability to use other planning and analysis tools
- B.A. or B.S. in an engineering, computer-related field of study, mathematics, business, or other equivalent degree and/or comparable on-the-job training
- This position may require regular travel. A passport is required
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives . Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful – every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.