Arista Networks has an exciting opportunity for a talented Network Engineer to join our team. The IT Network team at Arista is responsible for design, deployment, and day 2 support of Arista’s global corporate network spanning across multiple countries and is expanding. We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer who can be part of this global team. This position will be based out of our Headquarters in Vancouver, BC.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing management of the corporate IT network.
- Gather requirements and design solutions to meet global network infrastructure needs.
- Monitor, manage and maintain network health and integrity.
- Perform on-call duties as a member of the on-call rotation team.
- Perform after-hours change implementations as required.
- Manage network projects from instantiation to completion.
- Interface with the internal security team to design and continuously deliver security-related enhancements
- Analyze data and define network capacity models and performance metrics.
- Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity.
- Strive towards optimizing the network in every possible way.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent5+ years’ experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements such as LACP, L2 ECMP, MLAG, 802.1d/w/s, 802.1x.
- 5+ years of in-depth experience with Layer 3+ protocols such as IPv4, TCP, UDP
- 5+ years of in-depth experience with routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP
- 3+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection.
- 1+ years of experience with any of the major cloud providers – AWS, GCP, Azure
- Extensive knowledge in one or more of the following area: VPN (DMVPN, GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs) Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n/ac/ax)
- Knowledge of Network management utilizing standard protocols like SNMP/Syslog, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and effective troubleshooting methods involving all 7 layers of the OSI model.
- Background in Linux is a plus.
- Experience in programming or scripting in the network automation area is a plus.
- Knowledge in Cloud management and orchestration systems is a plus.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Certifications–Arista ACE/CCNA/CCNP preferred. CCIE in R/S is a plus.
- Arista / Cisco switching and routing product line
- Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Arista/Aruba / Cisco Wireless networking product line.
- Network monitoring tools – Logic Monitor, Nagios, NetBrain, SolarWinds, Splunk, SumoLogic, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.