Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for an Information Systems Analyst to work with Information Systems (IS) & Telecommunications Department. The IS Analyst plays an integral role in the planning & integrating systems with in the Information Systems (IS) & Telecommunications Department as we transition to our state-of-the-art, digital facility.
Salary Rate Range: $84,236 – $94,761
Location: Humber River Hospital – all sites
Hours of work: Days
Employee Group: Non Union
- Supports and advises on all matters relating to health informatics for applications that he or she supports.
- Provide technical support for applications and solutions for hospital staff as timely as possible; as well as monitoring and evaluating system functions.
- Share responsibilities for support, maintain and implementation of all hospital Applications including the Hospital Information System (HIS).
- Provide system analysis, report writing and programming support to users of the Hospital’s Information Systems.
- Support and maintain Meditech applications, other applications and custom software developed in-house.
- Troubleshoot and resolve information system issues reported through the Information Technology Helpdesk.
- Document support manuals use by Information System Teams and user manuals use by hospital staff, including software training to hospital staff.
- Analyze and interpret users Information Systems needs for modules or department assigned and effectively communicate them to Information Systems team members and/or vendor application specialists.
- Provide technical support to hospital staff during business and after hours by participating in on-call rotation.
- Successful completion of either a university degree or college diploma in a computer science, health-related discipline or finance.
- Experience in extracting and transforming data from relational databases with Crystal an assist.
- Experience supporting Meditech (C/S and Magic) or other health information systems (HIS) is preferred.
- Sound knowledge in Meditech modules, e.g. ADM, PCM, PCS, PHA, B/AR, ITS, LAB, is an asset.
- Experience building and editing Meditech dictionaries/tables or other applications is an asset.
- Experience working in a computer, decision support or health-related discipline within a hospital or healthcare organization is an asset.
- ITIL and/or PMP certification is an asset.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a variety of professionals in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a well-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to participate in on-call schedule and to work odd or extended hours as required.
- Able to travel between sites during business hours as required.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Interested applicants are required to an Application. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.