CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in business and personal banking, trust, and wealth management across Canada. Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we’re accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We’re incredibly proud of the work we do every day to help our clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their financial potential! Learn more at http://www.cwb.com.
Indigenous Co-op – Information Services, Support Specialist
Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA)
Remote Work Available
At CWB, we strive to build value for the people who choose us every day: our people, our clients and our investors. We do this by holding true to the values that guide us. We put people first and build relationships with intention. We seek out and embrace new ideas, knowing that better is always possible. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. And we harness the power of inclusion. Our culture is who we are and how we show up – as individuals and as a team – to accomplish our strategy.
Our people are what make the fabric of our culture. But it’s finding the right mix of people and the diversity of perspectives that makes that fabric truly beautiful. Providing developmental opportunities that break down barriers and allow Indigenous individuals access to fulfilling and meaningful careers that contribute to that fabric, is one way we’re looking to continue to grow our culture.
The Indigenous Co-op/Summer Student Program provides developmental roles designed to current post-secondary students seeking valuable employment experience with first step into a career in banking or corporate management. Why banking? Why a corporate role? Why CWB? Easy. CWB is a full-service financial institution, and with that comes true variety in the types of career paths we offer. And on top of that, we have the attitude and culture that only comes with a history of entrepreneurism and serving passionate and dedicated business owners. To put it simply, we’re different than the other banks. And with that difference comes possibility, opportunity, and growth.
This co-op/student role focuses on developing key business skills the term of the role (typically 4- 6 months). The student will be a valued member of a team, working alongside experienced professionals in the business contributing to the successful day-to-day operations of that team. We will have roles available in a wide range of business and corporate areas, including banking, human resources, communications, regulatory, strategy and operations.
Students will have the support of great mentors and advocates, opportunities for formal learning within our Teal Academy, and can be members of The Sharing Circle, our employee resource group for Indigenous employees and allies.
What you will learn, action & contribute
Relationship builder. Culture advocate. Inclusion ally. Brand ambassador. Team player. Collaborator. Story teller.
- First line of support to CWB employees (users)!
- Understand & interpret contacts to the Support Desk
- Document, classify and prioritize contacts to Support Desk
- Troubleshoot & document your troubleshooting efforts
- Resolve user contacts or triage to appropriate support teams
- Communicate & update tickets as required
- Provision access to Banking & Information Technology services & resolving any interruption in delivery of these services.
- Promote & educate users on the use of new & existing IT services.
- Recommend improvements to existing processes & procedures to increase efficiencies.
- Advise users on system usage, with strong emphasis on the adherence to following policy & procedure
- Identify & communicate high priority issues to the support teams based on defined processes.
- Identify & communicate outages to users based on defined processes.
- Create knowledge base articles for users, Support Desk processes & troubleshooting.
- Review & update existing knowledge base for accuracy & relevance.
Skills and competencies that will take you further
- You make values-based decisions
- You can translate technical knowledge to laymen terms and vice versa depending on your audience
- You can think critically about a challenge and are comfortable adding your perspective to a conversation
- You understand the value of team work and can build collaborative and supportive relationships
- You’ve got solid written and verbal communication skills
- You can look at a problem, think practically, analytically and creatively about how to solve it
- You have a positive attitude and can bring the fun
- You know how to research what you need to know, but also feel comfortable asking, when you don’t
- You always come prepared and organized
- You ask good questions, and put your hand up to try new things
- You know how to provide, and accept, quality and thoughtful feedback focused on forward growth
- You have strong time management and organizational skill
- You’re comfortable with a fast-paced work environment, and can adapt quickly to changes
- You maintain a high degree of ethics and can maintain confidentiality (if and when required)
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow from
- Post-secondary education in: business, IT, or equivalent experience.
- Work experience linked to the specific role, or strong transferrable skills that would complement the role
- Basic experience with technology, including Microsoft Suite of tools and working remotely (with connection through video chat), is a must, and experience with other role-dependent technology is an asset
- Professional experience in customer service, financial services, or a corporate environment an asset, but not required
- You bring your whole self to work
Go further. Launch your career. Create your own path. Apply today.
Why work with us?
Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2020
Your voice matters. Help us shape our voice around important social & cultural matters.
The opportunity to make a difference. Build a team. Make an impact. Put your mark on the CWB landscape.
Flexible work arrangements. Make work make sense for you. Remote work. Relocation. Compressed work weeks & more!
Community giving. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience that results in a powerful outcome.
Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB we play to win. When we fail, we fail forward.
Connection. Join, participate, lead an employee regulated group (ERG). Find a community within the CWB family.
Organization wide coaching services. Strategic career design is something we work hard to deliver for all employees.
Recognition. Peer to peer recognition program. Both “in the moment” and monumental!
Financial rewards. Yup! We pay you too & provide great banking benefits!
Great Places To Work. CWB recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada
Career is a journey. Start on your path with CWB. Apply today.
Targeted Diversity Language
Bring you. All of you. Feminist. Indigenous advocate. Gay rights activist. Sign language speaker. Labels don’t matter here, but your perspective does.
All applicants are welcome, and we expressly encourage applicants to apply who identify as women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities (including physical, mental, sensory, learning impairment, etc.), Indigenous peoples (including First Nations, Metis and Inuit), LGBTQ2S+ and/or racialized persons. We are specifically seeking diversity in this role, because at CWB we believe that inclusion has power, and we’re looking for some unique perspectives to add to this area of our business. We have a culture that thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration, respect, caring and camaraderie. If you have a voice to add to the conversation, we’d love you to apply.
* Position closes at 12:01am on indicated close date
Inclusion & Diversity
CWB Financial Group is committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, gender and sexual minorities, and ethnic visible minorities. We believe that inclusion has power. In fact, that’s one of our values. We know that diverse teams unleash new ideas and perspectives. We work to create an organization where people can be proud of who they are, and allies for those around them. We know that there is power in our differences and we are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees, applicants and clients. And beyond that, we celebrate our people and those differences.
We’re proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, and we’re always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We have a strong ethics program, a mandatory Respect in the Workplace eLearning program, comprehensive policies related to employment equity, and a strategy and an going strategy to ensure diversity and inclusion thrives at CWB.
CWB Financial Group is committed to providing all applicants with equal accessibility. Believing that inclusion has power, we strive to create an accessible environment for all, focused on the principles of independence, dignity, and equality. If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment and selection process (from application to offer) please submit your request here and one of our recruiters will reach out to you directly.