Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls. Priorities include: mitigating and managing cyber security threats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The Information Security Specialist, reports to the Senior Manager, Vulnerability and Configuration Management Program, and works with the teams to design, implement and support Vulnerability Scanning and Configuration assessment platforms and services for the enterprise. Here is your opportunity to make a real mark in the advancement of TD’s cyber security capability to help identify the vulnerabilities of the technologies stacks to advance the overall cyber resiliency of the Bank. The successful applicant will be responsible for the adequate discovery, triage, assessment, prioritization on vulnerabilities and misconfigurations affecting server platforms, databases, applications, endpoints, appliances, network equipment, and cloud. Think career growth potential
Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead and drive the vision for Vulnerability and Configuration assessment within the Vulnerability and Configuration Management Team
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Enterprise Vulnerability Management is to provide expertise for the implementation and configuration of enterprise platforms and services with a role in the discovery, identification, prioritization, reporting and follow-up on Information Technology vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Administration and day-to-day support activities, including monitoring the environment with performance tools, by maintaining optimal configuration and technical policy management of platforms such as Qualys, Guardium and other tools
- Design and drive strategy and tactical plans toward holistic vulnerability and configuration management across multiple technology teams
- Create innovative ways to design and implement the automated security metrics representative of performance and risk related to the Vulnerability Management program
- Customer facing role – Walk through the stakeholders of the complex technical issues, and effectively communicating technical solutions for various stakeholders in a clear and articulating fashion
- Leadership and oversight to other team members for the mature and effective delivery of services, platform management
- Participate in and lead a range of security assessment activities.
- Thoroughly document implementations, via technical documentation and playbooks for the team and the clients.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in information security infrastructure assessment, vulnerability and configuration management program, data protection or a related field
- Completion of a University Degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in performing vulnerability management for all platforms
- Process a firm understanding of the workloads and capabilities within Azure, AWS, and GCP platforms
- Experience with cloud-hosted services, web-based applications, and other Azure services
- Knowledge of applying native cloud security and monitoring services in the cloud, including network firewalls, access control lists, encryption, auditing, alerting, secrets, and compliance scanning
- Completed projects related to Azure and/or AWS for the banking/financial sector employer
- Advanced knowledge of scripting language, such as python
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and lead complex, comprehensive or large projects and initiatives.
- Strong partnership skills to ensure collaboration across the business partners and enterprise as part of control execution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Ability to apply agile methodology & accurate logic and common sense in making decisions
- High level of confidence and assertiveness in high-pressure situations
- Ability to quickly analyze large amounts of information and formulate action plans based on that analysis
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to articulate and present information to all levels of management and staff
- Process one or more of security certifications, such as CISSP, CCSP, or CRISC
- Azure Security Certifications, such as Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer, or Azure Solution Architect
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.