Lynk powers the new knowledge economy. Our platform unlocks the insights, experience and expertise of experts from around the world, helping people and companies make better informed decisions. Lynk’s customers include Fortune 500 corporates, world’s leading investment houses, global family offices, top professional services firms, governments and other organizations. Lynk’s knowledge graph uses data to understand, map, and organize experts and their knowledge, facilitating timely, intelligent connections. The platform gives enterprises a fast, convenient and cost-effective way to connect with over 780,000 experts worldwide across all major industries. Lynk is a member of World Economic Forum since 2019. Lynk is the best place to seek, build and share credible human expertise to create a knowledge advantage.
We are seeking an Information Security Manager , who will be responsible for maintaining and improving a company-wide information security standards, policies, and procedures across all Lynk’s offices globally. The position will report to the Vice President of Engineering in charge of infrastructure operations and production engineering. This position is for remote work in the Greater Toronto Area. Candidates can be located anywhere within three hours of drive to Lynk’s Toronto downtown office. No relocation package or visa assistance provided.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain Lynk information security program including security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for industry-standard certifications like ISO 27001.
- Respond to client security assessment questionnaires. Resolve the issues identified from client security assessments and oversee any needed remediation efforts.
- Run a vendor management process to ensure all vendors are vetted and approved according to defined Lynk security procedures.
- Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risks and vulnerabilities and design solutions to mitigate risk as necessary.
- Train employees on security awareness and security procedures.
- Perform internal audits for departmental compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Act as the Security Incident Manager; supervise all investigations into suspected breaches, outbreaks, or other security-related events.
- Manage information security program audits, penetration testing, and business continuity/disaster recovery testing.
What Expertise You’ll Add To The Team
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the Information Security, Information Risks, or related areas.
- In-depth knowledge of IT security controls and best practices.
- Proficiency in English writing and speaking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate technical information clearly and precisely to customers and employees with varying technical knowledge levels.
- Experience with cloud-based IT software, for example Google Workspace, Outlook 365, Azure Active Directory.
- Proficiency with endpoint security, mobility management, vulnerability scanning, zero trust environments.
- Analytical, self-motivated, eager to learn, and service-oriented.
- Client-focused, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure and outside of normal business hours if needed.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience preparing and maintaining documentation of ISO 27001 and SOC II Type 2 certifications.
- Experience evaluating risks and improving security of remote-first workspaces.
- Strong passion for business and enthusiastic about taking part in shaping Lynk’s growth.
- Function well in a very fast-paced startup environment.
- Track record of excelling in small teams.
- Team players who thrive in uncertainty and like to make things happen.
What We Commit To You
- Competitive remuneration package in a rapidly-expanding growth stage global company.
- Work in a collaborative, co-creation hub in the heart of the city.
- An environment that respects diversity and inclusion.
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage.
- Generous leave policy, including a ‘work remote policy’.
- The opportunity to travel and work around the globe with our international clients and growing number of offices (Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Manila, New York City, Toronto).
– Lynk employees are prohibited from trading Restricted Securities (defined as any security whose performance is linked to a single company) on any Personal Trading Account.
– All future new joiners, if they receive a conditional offer to join Lynk, will be required to undergo a background check.
Apply for This Job