Information Security Analyst
The Information Security Analyst analyses and monitors the IT environment, and provides initial intake, assessment, and prioritization of security requests and/or events requiring incident responses based on risk and urgency. The Analyst logs, tracks and coordinates incident response work activities, and ensures higher priority events are escalated timely and appropriately. The Analyst leads investigations into security related incidents and policy violations and is a key member of an integrated breach response team. In collaboration with the Information Access and Privacy department, the Analyst consults on the development of security policies and procedures, and the implementation of security controls.
What you’ll do
- Conducts information security investigations and breach management activities utilizing approved processes and techniques on electronic audits, security logs review, and to gather forensic evidence.
- Maintains clear, concise, objective and complete documentation regarding all details of information security breaches and investigations to ensure action taken to contain and remediate these events are formally recorded.
- Monitors and maintains security tracking tools and associated databases and prepares reports and presentations on metrics and risk trends.
- Conducts security, vulnerability, and risks assessments related to the information security features of the systems, networks, and related administrative activities. Develops reports and recommends mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Responds to and manage customer security related requests based on risk and urgency analysis to ensure appropriate prioritization and timely response to high priority events.
What you bring
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related study with in Information Security or Information Security Certification (CISSP, CISM)
- Knowledge of information security principles, IT risks, compliance and security frameworks (COBIT, ISO 27001/2, PCI).
- Strong assessment and problem solving skills, including the ability to research, analyze, and interpret data and information from a variety of disparate sources
- Ability to build relationships in a consultative and collaborative manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
Job type Casual
Location Vancouver, BC
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our
commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant healthcare experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information: [email protected]