| About the role
Reporting to the Manager, IT Support and Service, the Incident and Problem Management Analyst will be responsible for the end-to-end execution of the incident and problem management processes. They will also be responsible for executing the major incident process by managing all major incidents and coordinating the activities contributing to their resolution.
| You’ll be doing things like
- Monitoring the activity of the incoming incidents from the Corporate Service Desk, Payments Operation Centre and Vendors.
- Ensuring Incidents and Problems tickets are acted on by the assigned groups according to SLAs.
- Performing quality assurance checks on Incidents and Problems tickets to ensure accuracy for reporting purposes.
- Communicating regularly with the Process Manager and working directly with Tier 1 Support to ensure proper recording of incidents.
- Escalating an incident according to priority and severity of the issue as necessary.
- Coordinating and participating in the incident review process following all major incidents.
- Acting as the main point of contact for all major incidents.
- Establishing continuous process improvement cycles where the process performance, activities, roles and responsibilities, policies, procedures and supporting technology are reviewed and enhanced where applicable.
| You’ll need to have
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or other field related to information systems and technology, or equivalent related work experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in an ITIL environment, working as Incident Management Analyst or similar role in complex technology environments.
- ITIL Foundation Certification (ITIL V3 or V4).
- Intermediate qualification in ITIL V3 (Service Operation / Operational Support & Analysis).
- Strong understanding and experience using ITIL processes.
- Ability to coordinate a team of diverse stakeholders, including IT service owners, vendors, and representatives from business areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer services skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to interact with Senior management in regards of Major Incident status updates.
- Experience in managing escalations in a crisis situation.
| What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Prime downtown locations (Ottawa & Toronto) close to transit and shopping
- Gym and shower facilities
- Bike lockers
Please submit your application by January 18, 2021.
| About us
We are a unique organization at the centre of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous. We are successful as individuals, as teams, as an organization and for our members and stakeholders if we strike to balance these values in all that we do.
Payments Canada is committed to having a diverse, representative workforce and continuing to build an inclusive environment. We encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. All employment decisions are made based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. We can be reached at [email protected]
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $69,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $92,000.00