Bachelor’s in Science/ Commerce/Engineering or equivalent
Skill set – IMS Systems & App DBA
• IMS V13 , V14 & V15
• Strong Knowledge on IMS on z/OS administration.
• Excellent experience with Installation, upgrade, migration, consolidation of regions and configure IMS Systems in accordance with standards and operational requirements
• Experience with IMSGEN
• Experience with complete system backup and recovery
• IBM Program Product installation experience – SMP/e
• Knowledge on IBM IMS utilities like Backup, Reorg, Recovery, Load, Unload, pointer checker
• Knowledge in Performing daily System monitoring, availability of all databases, server resources, reviewing System and database logs
• Apply database patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade Database administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary to maintain control, security and stability.
• Perform and manage periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Experience in Configuring databases memory, disk and IO as required.
• Develop scripting to automate systems engineering tasks
• IMS-related ISV tools and problem solving tools
• IMS Security expertise with RACF and ACF2
IMS App DBA
• Experience with IMS database design and database alteration and migration
• DASD/Tape management and Capacity Planning
• Experience in IMS subsystem Performance Tuning and SQL / Query optimization
• Strong Knowledge on IMS Utilities
• Experience in database initialization, forward recovery & building secondary index and pointer checker, checkpoint restart, Fast path, and DEDB
• Proactive monitoring in space usage and troubleshooting space management
• IMS application users management
• Support incident management processes including responding to alerts and root cause analysis. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
• Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies through contacts with application support and Technical Operations Center
• Experience in Disaster Recovery testing
• 24×7 support experience in a large production environment
• Experience in IMS Tools (Platinum, BMC, IBM)
• Should have worked in a SLA driven environment
• Knowledge on REXX, CLIST
• Knowledge on IMS database decommissioning
• Installation of new software product versions/releases
• Prepare and implement policies for DISK Storage set-up, resource (CPU) consumption limit and back-up strategy for IMS subsystem objects.
• Administration and maintenance of IMS systems – including but not limited to run backups, revive corrupt data
• Research and apply proactive software maintenance
• Conduct Production Readiness Inspections of change events, assessing impacts and risks
• Document changes to infrastructure configuration
• Maintaining naming standards for IMS objects
• Developing and managing IMS security strategy appropriately for databases
• Reviewing and approving requested IMS object changes across environments
• Implementing application backup and recovery procedures
• Providing functional guidance to System programmers
• Monitoring and allocating needed DASD
• Integrating IMS utilization and growth into organization level capacity planning
• Monitoring IMS resource utilization and tuning IMS subsystem
• Developing and implementing database administration policies and procedures
• Evaluating and testing IMS related software updates or upgrades
• Monitoring and resolving DASD contention problem
• Participate in DR testing
Proficiency Level *
DB2 administration (app DBA)
* Proficiency Legends
The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.